Lead Platform OwnerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89473
The Lead Platform Owner is responsible for defining and maintaining the portfolio of products delivered via infrastructure platforms. An infrastructure platform is an integrated set of hardware and software capabilities which delivers a catalog of infrastructure products to the consumers of that platform. An infrastructure platform is used as a base upon which other applications, processes and/or technologies are delivered to the platform tenants and end users. The Assurant infrastructure platforms are business critical enterprise capabilities. These platforms underpin large volumes of our revenue, and/or underpin the productivity of thousands of end users. The Lead Platform Owner ensures the continuous improvement of these platforms, in terms of reliability, scalability and new products and features.
The Lead Platform Owner has deep technical knowledge of the catalog of products that are delivered by their platform(s). The role is critical in bridging the current and future requirements of the platform users to the technical teams that develop and support the platform catalog of services. The role is responsible for the lifecycle management of both the technologies comprising the platform, and the products delivered by the platform. The Lead Platform Owner is responsible for building and maintaining the backlog for the platform in line with a long-term roadmap aligned to business value and technical sustainability. This requires the role holder to actively research and learn about current and future advancements in the platform offerings, and the technologies that underpin the platform. This is a fully remote position.
- The Lead Platform Owner is responsible for the full lifecycle of the infrastructure platform and its associated product set:
- Works with Engineering to drive platform strategic roadmaps that prioritize reliability and availability, using input from the technology / vendor roadmap.
- Builds, maintains, and prioritizes the platform backlog for new products and features, facilitating the prioritization of these alongside investments in lifecycle management.
- Manages the platform catalog to control technical debt. Works with the platform consumers to coordinate lifecycle management to ensure that upgrades are performed ahead of products and features being sunset.
- Facilitates compliance with all licenses, contracts, subscriptions and maintenance agreements relating to the platform.
- Works with the platform consumers to understand future products and features that are needed to increase the value of technology to our business units. This includes driving the adoption of new technologies and improving the technology experience for our end users and customers.
- Establishes feedback loops for stakeholder and end user experience via methods such as automated monitoring tools, surveys and user groups.
- Develops user stories which are delivered to the technical teams that drive development and support for the platform.
- Partners with the technical platform resources to ensure appropriate levels of engineering are in place for failover/resilience and DR in line with business requirements.
- Partners with Operations to ensure robust and comprehensive operational support models and procedures are in place for the platform, across internal teams and external partners.
- Partners with Operations and Support Organizations to ensure that the technologies underpinning the platform, and the products delivered by the platform, are fully supported.
- Partners with support and risk organizations to ensure the platform adheres to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- 5+ Years of experience with Azure DevOps and/or TFS 5+ Years of experience with Defining and implementing Role Base Access Control with Microsoft Technologies
- 3 years of experience with source code development and management
- Unit testing
- Code quality
- CI/CD pipelines
- Release Management
- 5+ years of experience with Audit Compliance management in one or more industry standards (eg. SOX, SOC2, PCI, ISO 27001, GDPR)
- DevSecOps Platform Governance Experience with leadership and engineering level communication
- Business cases, development, and presentation experience (LBC’s, ROI’s etc)
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Technical Road Maps, Diagrams, Process Flows, and development, and presentation experience
- Tool Integration Experience
- Automated Code Quality and Coverage tools Automated Integration Testing tools
- Service Now Integration
- Automated Dynamic analysis security tools (DAST) Automated Static analysis security tools (SAST)
- Observability and Monitoring tooling
- Experience with Atlassian suite
- Experience with GitHub Enterprise Azure Active Directory and Active Directory Service Now (ITSM)
- Maintaining critical CI’s for the DevOps Org
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.