Lead Software Engineer - RemoteApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-88995
As a Lead Software Engineer, you’re charged with providing software development guidance and mentoring. This is a highly technical position that has direct authority over the processes and people responsible for the technical rigor of some of Assurant’s key systems. Your team will build product that continuously provides business value.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Build and deliver IT solutions that demonstrably provide business value
- Using the right blend of people, process and technology
- Mentor and lead high-performing development teams
- Responsible for defining and execution of the onboarding process of team members
- Responsible for the retention, development, coaching, and performance management of the team members
- Strive to achieve consistency across assigned feature delivery teams
- Ensure team collaboration, resolve issues, provide coaching and feedback and manage performance of development team members.
- Ensure team members have necessary tools and training to be effective in their feature delivery roles.
- Define, monitor, and enforce coding standards and promote design pattern usage
- Ensure as-built documentation is captured
- Stay current in new technologies and platforms; identifies emerging technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Partner with QA, BA, and Agile Practice to form high performing delivery teams.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to the IT teams and associated staff
- Partner with lead software engineers to develop standard IT processes and best practices
- Coach assigned developers and provide them with guidance to be successful in their roles
- Responsible for maintaining team backlog to sustain platform health and drive continuous growth
Responsibility for work of others.
Will oversee the delivery of integrated working software according to specification, including the following:
- Ensuring consistency across assigned teams for design and implementation
- Coaching and mentoring of developers
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 5+ years of technical leadership developing enterprise level software
- 5+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise Financial ERP systems (ex: Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, JDE, etc.)
- 2+years of experience working with Oracle Financials Cloud
- 2+years of experience working with Oracle Integration Cloud and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- 2+years of experience working with Oracle reporting products
- Familiarity with Accounting, Financial Reporting and General Ledger systems is a must
- Understanding of data conversion and system integration.
- 4+ of experience working with SQL, API, ETL / SSIS, ODI, data marts, .NET, etc.
- Stellar interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects
- Experience with C# and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Experience with .NET Core
- Leadership experience throughout the software lifecycle
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise data management tools (ex: Oracle EDM)
- 2+years of experience working with EPM Cloud Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated DevOps experience
- Ability to design and build both on premise and cloud solutions
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and best practices
This is a remote position.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.