Manager, Risk Based ExaminersApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Duluth,Georgia; Florence,South Carolina; Springfield,Ohio Requisition Number R-87909
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for a Manager, Risk Based Examiners for our Atlanta, GA; Duluth, GA; Springfield, OH; Florence, SC facilities; Remote
This position will be responsible for coaching and providing leadership to a team of Auditors that conduct risk based audits of business partners to assess operational controls and compliance to policies and procedures. They will recommend changes to internal policies and procedures for the reviews and issue management process and present to the Operational Review Manager. Will work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation and data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. In addition will act as an adviser to Auditors to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems, in addition to providing input to the Operational Review Manager on employee performance and trends.
- Directs the performance process of audits based on client, regulatory and internal requirements. Includes the development of audit procedures, controls and assessment of risks, analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating practices and procedures.
- Oversight of execution of reviews based upon QA’s policies and procedures, including second level review of work papers
- Develops, evaluates and counsels/coaches (when appropriate) employees, ensuring effective job performance against goals and competencies.
- Represent the department on client visits, on-site operational reviews, project teams, cross-site and intra-departmental meetings .
- 5 years of insurance or mortgage services related experience or similar activity outside the organization
- 3 years of internal audit/ risk based
- 5 years of experience in managing employees and multiple projects
- Internal audit/ risk based audit experience
- Experience with identification and documentation of risk, controls in accordance to core audit best practice
- Ability to manage change effectively, learn fast and apply lessons learned in a quick manner
- Strong knowledge of internal audit industry standards
- Possess analytical, data management, critical thinking, organizational, research, oral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage industry and lender placement polices, and advanced knowledge and experience in mortgage servicing systems
- Able to Implement and review, collect and verify audit evidence, organize data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and able to exercise influence
- Strong planning and organizational skills; ability to effectively prioritize, organize and work independently or as part of a team to complete multiple tasks
- Ability to drive, executes, and meet stated deadlines/ Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to read, interpret and apply procedural documentation to audit activity
- Advanced Proficiency with MS Office applications, Visio, Excel, SharePoint
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.