Quality Regulatory Review AnalystApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Florence,South Carolina; Miami,Florida; Springfield,Ohio Requisition Number R-89521
Assurant is seeking a Quality Regulatory Review Analyst for the Atlanta, GA facility and open to other sites as well
Overall purpose and objective of this job is conducting quality reviews with compliance components to ensure that Assurant and its clients have appropriate processes to effectively comply with the following regulatory requirements, which applies to mortgage insurance processing and lender placement to mitigate risk: DOJ Metric 28 and 29/RESPA Force-Placed and the Flood Insurance Reform Act (Biggert Waters). Results are summarized and provided to the Business and to Clients on a periodic basis to demonstrate compliance with the associated requirements. Add flood from specialist
- Responsible for researching and performing quality reviews based upon client, regulatory and internal requirements. Includes analysis of records, reports, regulations and operating procedures and practices.
- Responsible for reviewing loan level detail to validate compliance with requirements for letter timing, letter content, force-placement and refund timing.
- Utilizes standardized processes, databases and reporting tools to conduct reviews and communicate results to business partners and clients
- Able to Implement assigned reviews, validate review artifacts, and document findings and supporting information for reporting
- Analyzes records, reports, regulations and operating practices and communicates issues with regulatory adherence for applicable reviews.
- Responsible for the performance of quantitative and qualitative research to further support review findings, including root cause analysis.
- Participates in client teleconferences as directed.
- Conduct quality regulatory reviews on peers.
- Ad-Hoc-Develop, implement, support and participate on special projects and targeted reviews as required.
- Perform testing for new systems and system controls.
- Training -Conduct associate training
- 3 years of operational compliance or audit experience.
- 2 years of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience.
- 2 years utilizing data analysis and improvement tools.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services industry, and operational risk concepts
- Ability to use MS Excel to enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet
- Ability to use MS Word for basic formatting, editing and printing function and understands the document page set up.
- Able to implement a review, research requirements, collect and verify review documentation, assist with preparation of preliminary and final reports.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance governing the mortgage, insurance and/or financial services.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.