Senior AccountantApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-83439
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant!
The Senior Accountant performs accounting duties to provide accurate and timely financial information to enable senior and product line management to make appropriate business decisions and achieve departmental goals.
- Prepare and process detailed monthly and quarterly journal entries and account analysis
- Prepare account reconciliations and perform follow up activities for pending items
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulation;
- Proactively manages change in regulatory requirements with stakeholders; serves as subject matter expert for accounting and reporting issues
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of financial reports and analyses
- Work with other departments such as Shares Services, Reinsurance and Tax to ensure overall coordination of financial accounting activities
- Continuously reviews tasks to identify process improvements/efficiencies
- Perform and assist in the planning and implementation of accounting work relating to projects and ad-hoc assignments
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a SOX environment
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 5 years general accounting experience
- <5% travel
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- CPA certified a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, V-look ups, etc.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Able to work independently
- Ability to function well in a team oriented environment
- Able to adapt to a flexible work environment
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.