Senior Business Systems AnalystApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89081
Assurant is hiring a Senior Business System Analyst to deliver an excellent customer experience to our customers , operational efficiency to our stakeholder to support the global lifestyle business within Assurant. The primary role is to support systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance and growth. In addition, contributes expertise in business processes and system functionality. This includes coordinating activities or team members on maintenance and project assignments of medium to high risk and complexity and includes the performance of activities such as requirement definition, research, analysis, coordination, testing, training and documentation.
What You Get to Do:
- Serve as the senior/lead BA on a Scrum team
- Translate business needs into technical solutions
- Support IT applications and work cross functionally with a variety of teams/users
- Work with numerous technology platforms (Microsoft Azure, etc)while supporting various enterprise initiatives
- Apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis / solution generation process
- Analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions, and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Influence operations by providing operational efficiency recommendations and creating reports, dashboards , etc.
- Ability to perform and coordinate system testing cycle, issues tracking, and resolution
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Business Systems Analyst in an Information Technology environment
- 3+ years of recent experience with Enterprise Integration systems and working with multiple vendor systems.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and working as a part of a Scrum team
- QA and testing experience.
- Addresses and resolves conflicts, where needed.
- Adapts message to audience and ensures audience purpose is met.
- Listens for understanding.
- Adjusts approach to effectively work with others with a different perspective or work style.
- Actively supports decisions, once made, even if in disagreement.
- Frames solution generation in terms of "what if", "if/then", thinking rather than "either/or".
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
- Experience with SQL Server queries and creating reports using PowerBI , SSRS, etc.
- Experience with Integration technologies like WCF, Rest apis, etc.
- Experience with SOAP UI , Postman, etc.
- Experience with automated and manual testing.
- Scrum Master or PMP certification/experience
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.