Senior Linux EngineerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 56397
The Senior Linux Engineer job, under limited direction, is responsible for design, provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. This may include overseeing, directing and checking work of less senior engineers. The incumbent will define strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provides engineering design for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation and monitoring. The role will be supporting our Enterprise Applications like Oracle ERP, HR, etc.
- 40% - Experienced knowledge of job role demonstrating advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies
- 30% - Provides direct technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and/or tasks of various complexities across the enterprise.
- 20% - Primary role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support core organizational functions, as well as to conduct/lead research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives.
- 10% - Serves as an advocate for Enterprise customers
- 5+ years of technical experience in design, deployment and support of complex vendor server-based applications
- 4+ years of UNIX / Linux Engineering experience
- Must Have Application Skills:
- Scripting: Python / Bash / Java Scripting / PowerShell
- Infrastructure: Virtual Machines (HyperV, VmWare)
- Servers: Linux / Windows / Docker / Azure / AWS
- Database: Fluent Oracle Skillset / Microsoft SQL
- Web Technologies: Service Fabric / API Management
- Knowledge of Technology methodologies: Life-cycle management / Agile / ITIL / Waterfall
- Continuous Delivery: TFS / Octopus
- Automation: Ansible / Jenkins / Chef / Release Manager
- Advanced communication acumen both orally and written, service oriented, demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships, high engagement, ability to carry out work requirements independently, ability to mentor and develop others.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.