Senior Procurement Manager- Indirect SourcingApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-86534
Be a part of a world class Procurement team!
This individual will be responsible for executing the category strategy and product/service sourcing process, while providing input for continuous process improvement in those areas. This person will also be responsible for ongoing supplier management of vendors within the Assurant Corporate Sourcing Category, including HR, Legal, Finance, Facilities, Marketing, etc.
Category Strategy Execution
- Conduct strategic studies of various operational areas and vendors assigned to the manager. This includes an in-depth review & assessment of existing operating model, processes, service levels, technology & total cost of operations, identifying synergies and risks along the way & understanding cost metrics associated with same.
- Define global delivery model solution such that it maximizes the value of the respective deal for Assurant, prevent leakage of value and minimize risks associated with the relationship, ensuring cost savings measures are realized.
- Work on developing strong financial business case for various strategic opportunities.
- Work with existing and new suppliers to develop new innovative solutions and validate internal hypothesis of category strategy.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to embed yourself in their planning process
- Lead complex supplier negotiations requiring understanding of contractual terms and sourcing levers as required.
- Develop deep expertise of Assurant and services that are being sourced from the supplier in order to develop effective solutions to operational and contractual problems.
- Ensure governance and value tracking processes for assigned suppliers are effective and in compliance with Assurant’s policies and in alignment with established category strategies.
- Manage supplier performance and opportunity catalog across a potentially vast array of supplier services and products.
- Serve as supplier and category specific subject matter expert pertaining to delivery of 3rd party services, products, and performance, financial & contract management throughout the life of the relationship.
- Lead the continuous improvement of sourcing in your categories.
- Maintain current industry regulation knowledge, with respect to strategies and supplier management.
- Monitor category environment to keep current on provider and industry trends.
- Develop the solution design, operational requirement documents, Service Levels, and deal structures with stakeholders.
- Develop and manage issue and risk action and mitigation plans.
- Perform relationship management activities.
- Support all activities associated with the execution and review of contracts.
- Make recommendations for ongoing contract language changes to optimize Assurant’s legal position & overall supplier performance increasing the value (and cost savings) to Assurant throughout the life of the agreement and in conjunction with Legal contracts team.
- In collaboration with the category stakeholder, develop effective negotiating strategies for current contracts and identified opportunities.
- Work on complex supplier negotiations requiring the thorough understanding of contractual terms and sourcing levers to utilize. Lead the negotiation for complex change orders and new SOWs within an existing Master Agreement.
- Directly interact with senior leadership of the categories you manage
- Orchestrate and facilitate vendor meetings between senior leadership from Assurant and service provider leadership. Develop and manage the Agenda for these discussions such that it creates meaningful and valuable engagement on both sides.
- Partner with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels. Identify and document the business rules needed to be translated into formal process maps, SLAs and KPIs.
- Develop process redesigns to ensure smooth transition from current state to future global delivery models.
- Support definition of business requirements for existing systems to be able to use the extracted data, and successfully partner with Technology to define work required by the service provider.
- Manage multiple initiatives and/or programs.
- Serve as member of cross-functional teams; lead meetings as appropriate and influence line functions.
- Education = Minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, finance, economics, engineering, supply chain or equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience in (a) sourcing / procurement/ vendor management at large multinational companies or (b) shared services and outsourcing advisory or operational consulting
- Financial acumen with 3 or more years of experience in roles developing business cases for sourcing programs and/or outsourcing services (client or provider)
- Hands-on experience in creating/executing/scoring/concluding RFP’s and negotiating complex contracts
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven track record in outsourcing benchmarking, market analyses and contract negotiations
- Master knowledge of industry standard / best-in-class contract terms and conditions (T&C), especially around information securing and risk management
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills especially with senior level executives
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and highly matrixed, global environment
- Strong financial acumen; ability to understand outsourcing impact to P&L, ability to develop complex business cases & continually assess/determine total cost of ownership at both a functional level and supplier level
- Strong Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Evidence of successful management of large programs and projects
- MBA degree
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Independent thinking, good judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong business planning skills
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Self starter without need for micromanagement
- Management consulting experience or sourcing / procurement experience at large multinational firms
- Experience in process transformation, cost reduction and global delivery model strategy highly desirable
- Strong background in working on enterprise wide projects for large complex organizations.
Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.