Sr AccountantApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-89978
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Accountant!
We are seeking a talented individual to support the financial close process within the General Accounting Department. The Senior Accountant’s primary responsibility will include providing timely and accurate financial information to support the monthly and quarterly GAAP and Statutory reporting processes. This position will also assist with ad hoc department projects.
- Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries
- Support the month/quarter end close process
- Prepare account reconciliations and perform follow up activities for pending items
- Prepare complete, accurate and timely financial deliverables in accordance with pertinent accounting guidance and state and federal regulations; proactively manages change in regulatory requirements with stakeholders; serves as subject matter expert for accounting and reporting
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of financial reports and analyses
- Prepare analytics explaining significant variances on the GAAP Financial Statements
- Adhere to SOX Control requirements
- Prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end audit for internal and external auditors
- Participate in/ lead department projects as assigned
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Perform accounting services necessary to support other entities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 4 years general accounting experience
- CPA a plus
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, V-look ups, marcos, etc.
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Team oriented and able to adapt to a flexible work environment
Benefits and Value Proposition
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.