Sr Java Software EngineerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 56398
You are a passionate Sr. Java Software Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
Assurant is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to deliver an excellent customer experience to our customers and to support the contact center software within Assurant. The Contact Center Development team provides valuable customer experience and cost savings enhancements to the contact center software and ensures their reliability.
The Senior Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. The position provides leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise.
- Development Technologies: Java / JEE, MVC, Spring, iBatis / Hibernate, AngularJS, node.js Oracle DB, VXML, REST/SOAP, Cisco CVP, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- IDE: Eclipse, Cisco Call Studio, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Databases: Oracle DB, SQL Server, IBM Informix
- CT tools: Maven, TFS, Octopus
- Methodologies: Scrum & Waterfall
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
- 5+ years of professional experience in a related field with increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of software design, development and implementation
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience in agile development
- Ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Great attitude
- Experience in designing contact center development solutions, including integrating with ICM, telephony components, and with back-end business applications
- Experience with Cisco CVP or similar IVR call flow development
- Knowledge of Speech Recognition technology, preferably Nuance
- Experience with telephony integration development
- Experience with Voice User Interface (VUI) design and caller usability
- Experience in speech grammar development
- Experience in designing reporting solutions
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.