Sr Java Software EngineerApply Requisition Number 52826
You are a passionate Sr. Java Software Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
Assurant is hiring a Contact Center Software Engineer to deliver an excellent customer experience to our customers and to support the contact centers within Assurant. The Contact Center Development team provides valuable customer experience and cost savings enhancements to the contact center software and ensures their reliability.
The Senior Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of high complexity. The position provides leadership, technical guidance, and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
- 5+ years of professional experience in a related field with increasing responsibility
- 5+ years of software design, development and implementation
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience in agile development
- Ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Great attitude
- Experience in designing contact center development solutions, including integrating with ICM, telephony components, and with back-end business applications
- Experience with Cisco CVP or similar IVR call flow development
- Knowledge of Speech Recognition technology, preferably Nuance
- Experience with telephony integration development
- Experience with Voice User Interface (VUI) design and caller usability
- Experience in speech grammar development
- Experience in designing reporting solutions
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.