Staff AuditorApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-87330
What is a Staff Auditor
A Staff Auditor is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. He or she reports to the Internal Audit Services Manager/Director and completes all assigned work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and enjoy collaborating and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You understand, recognize and communicate key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging financial, technical and industry related developments
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through written reports and oral presentations
- You enjoy developing business relationships that enable that enable Internal Audit to fulfill its charter and meet stakeholder expectations
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 500 global company
- Competitive salary
Primary Responsibilities will consist of:
- Support and coordinate SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and MAR (Model Audit Rule) compliance activities through execution of testing and communications to management
- Participate in complex audit projects and work with a team under the direction of the Audit Manager while assisting in project scheduling and initial reviews of work products
- Perform complex risk-based audits through all phases of the audit including planning, testing and providing written reports of key findings.
- Assist with department reports and other required Internal Audit related tasks
- Assess opportunities to improve the internal control environment across the company.
- Participate in Assurant’s bi-annual risk assessment and audit planning.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is sufficient to re-perform conclusions reached and meets professional standards.
Build Relationships with Assurant Business Leaders/Managers
- Develop an understanding of Assurant Businesses and maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks by being responsive to clients.
- Be a trusted, objective and independent partner that is sought after to provide cost effective, independent assurance and advice on the effectiveness of the company’s management of critical risks.
- Assist in department initiatives, Centers of Excellence and other teams to review and improve department processes, systems and methodologies.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge gained through professional development opportunities, including external and internal training.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in business, management, accounting, finance or related field)
- 1- 3 years of internal or external auditing, operations, accounting, or general business analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk.
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results.
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance.
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results.
- Experience in accounting and accounting systems.
- Experience managing project plans, issues logs, risk/mitigation strategies, automated testing tools, cost/benefit analysis tools.
Travel required: Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 10% to conduct audits and participate in department meetings.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.