Staff Business Unit Systems AnalystApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-89195
Assurant is seeking a Business Unit Systems Analyst to work Remote
The Business Unit Systems Analyst II is responsible for the compilation and development of Business Requirements documents; facilitating User Acceptance Testing; maintenance and support of system files, tables, or configurations used to drive the base functionality of our applications; troubleshooting problems/issues and handling projects ranging from moderately to highly complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives.
The Analyst’s primary role is to support the department’s systems and staff by recommending and implementing system enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
This is a remote position
Technical Expertise and Production Support
- Compile accurate and concise Business Requirement Documents, detailing specific enhancements or system revisions.
- Troubleshoot low to moderate complexity system issues and/or problems with limited direction.
- Document work requests.
- Train and provide guidance to less experienced Business Analysts on low to moderate complexity system changes and processes
- Identify and complete low to moderate risk solutions to rule sets to improve system functionality.
- Manage workflow
- Analyze existing processes or workflows of low to moderately complex for adaptive or corrective changes as well as recommendations for enhancements.
- Display solid knowledge of detailed project process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Document existing and new business processes and workflows with low to moderate levels of complexity.
- Participate in new process definition efforts, as requested.
Customer Liaison, Relationship Building, and Communications
- Build relationships and rapport with internal and external customers and our business partners
- Exercise strong written and verbal communication
- Actively show understanding of what another says before giving own ideas
- Provide support to clients as assigned
- Create atmosphere conducive to success
- Express verbal and written ideas independently and effectively to internal audiences
- Identify defective or ineffective moderate to high complexity work processes/flows within related work areas and make appropriate recommendations for improvement or efficiency gains
- Research, report and implement temporary and long term fixes for moderate to high complex problems and issues based on documented policies, procedures and standards.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst verses being able to discern those issues requiring escalation
- Assess impact of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures
Testing, Debugging, Test Management, Quality Assurance
- Determine testing requirements for moderate to highly complex assigned work, based on the business requirements
- Design/Draft test plans for moderate to highly complex requests.
- Execution of test plans throughout the project life cycle for moderate to highly complex requests.
- Identify, research, document, report, and communicate any defects with functionality, flow and/or program changes.
- Produce agreed upon deliverables on time, within estimates, and without error.
- Timely retest and document the corrections made for defects.
- Act as testing coordinator, supplying project team members the details needed for them to complete their own testing assignments.
- Participate/lead in interview and requirements sessions with internal and external business partners for moderate to highly complex assignments.
- Gather, analyze/research, and document business process needs for moderate to highly complex requests.
- Identify impact of requested changes and communicate to appropriate channels.
- Participate as a project team member for moderate to highly complex projects.
- Identify project issues, and communicate progress and obstacles to sponsors and/management.
- Handle multiple tasks and small to medium projects, concurrently.
- May direct and/or guide work of less experienced participants.
- Contribute to the definition, planning, coordination, execution, and status reporting for projects of any size.
- Anticipate/discover problems and communicate issue and possible solutions to appropriate individuals.
- Coordinate production implementation efforts with User community and IT.
- Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
- Post-implementation audits/reviews.
- Develop the User Documentation and Training material.
- Train impacted associates.
- Apply new knowledge rapidly
- Continuously seek opportunities for professional development
- Demonstrate quality, attentiveness to detail in all work activities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, information technology or related fields or 4 years related work experience
- Project Management experience and/or Business Analyst Certification a plus
- 2 or more years Customer Service related experience a plus
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.