Strategic Sourcing Relationship Leader - ITApply Requisition Number 51811
Join our growing company in this dynamic new position which will leverage your expertise in Procurement, Strategic Leadership, and the IT Category.
This role works as a strategic interface with leaders (L3’s and CTO) in the Information Technology function to facilitate source-to-contract activities between the Category Manager and sourcing execution partner. They provide highly valued consulting level support for complex engagements including but not limited Infrastructure, Cloud, Application support and guidance throughout the process to ensure the business and procurement strategies are in alignment to meet the overarching Enterprise goals. The position includes interaction with category managers to build a plan for their assigned business area. It is responsible for highlighting and promoting the benefits of working with the Procurement organization, and interacts directly with stakeholders to proactively manage workflow and projects to achieve significant savings targets from a spend portfolio of ~$200 M. The role manages and resolves complex issues escalated by their assigned business area related to the source-to-pay process.
Strategic Relationship/Planning (40%)
- As the key liaison with the functions is accountable for the performance of the function with respect to third party spend goals and initiatives through understanding the connections between strategies, spend, suppliers and market intelligence.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders as a thought leader to align supplier solutions with business strategies.
- Understands and anticipates direction of the business, identifies supplier/spend opportunities and makes recommendations to support long-term strategy. Will ensure needs of the business are built into the sourcing and procurement plan.
- Utilizing knowledge of the business and their strategy, assists the Category Managers in the creation and communication of savings targets and programs
- Understands current financial system and budget process to align sourcing with finance partner of the function
- Provides strategic input to Category Managers and participates in the planning and financial budgeting for the source to contract functions within the Procurement organization
- Troubleshoots and directs complex issue resolution to the appropriate function within the Procurement organization as it relates to supporting the business unit in achieving overall strategic goals
- Runs and manages category council meetings with all IT leaders including CTO and drives results over time
- Provides strategic consultation to business and the sourcing and procurement teams
- Provides process improvement recommendations for processes in areas of QA/Testing, ADM, Infrastructure etc.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits and impacts to business processes, supplier relationships and long term goals
- Serves as a trusted advisor of value creation across technology portfolio
- Ensures senior level management understands the outcomes of proposed actions and manages the implementation of sourcing and contract initiatives, including the budgeting and tracking of savings
- Identifies critical success factors to ensure efficient and effective supplier sourcing and contract terms and conditions to meet business stakeholder requirements
- Collaborates with the VP, Global Procurement Operations, the VP, Sourcing and Category Management, and Director, Supplier Relationship Management to develop and recommend process improvements and/or change recommendations to address below targets or to improve overall performance
- Applies industry and business unit expertise to drive performance
- Accountable for managing large strategic procurement initiatives and/or programs for the respective business unit
- Engages in strategic vendor engagement to maximize value from them as well as driving cross-leverage with various Assurant teams
- Outsourcing solution design across different IT practices
- As a trusted advisor, builds and leverages strategic partnerships with the required business unit/corporate function stakeholders and suppliers to cultivate a relationship that encourages senior leadership to utilize Procurement for strategic initiatives
- Acts as an ambassador of Sourcing and Procurement services to drive collaboration and partnership between assigned business unit/corporate function and Administrative Services. Efforts may include educating business unit/corporate functions regarding best practices and encouraging adherence to practices and policies to support the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Collaborates with the VP, Global Procurement Operations and manages and recommends metrics including compliance metrics to ensure all business units are adhering to new procurement policies and procedures
- Collaborates with the VP, Global Procurement Operations, the Director, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Governance to ensure an understanding of the framework of policies, practices and procedures to promote prudent risk taking, effective change management and governance across the sourcing and contract functions to support the business units
- Works with the VP, Global Procurement Operations to understand purchasing activities and ensure business unit stakeholders are aware of purchasing activities, policies, and processes
- Works with Global Delivery Office (GDO) to ensure collaboration between Category Managers, GDO staff and business units on projects and initiatives that have outsourcing and global delivery model levers
- Ensures collaboration and/or facilitates the timely and effective exchange of information and reports between the business/corporate function and SRM teams including timely exchanged of information and adequately addresses or resolves S2C and P2P efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years’ related experience, including strategy consulting
- Business experience and acumen in assigned business area, and must have experience working with complex sourcing and procurement environments
- Proven track record in complex negotiations utilizing influencing skills within C-suite
- Technical breadth to cross-stakeholder various SaaS, Cloud, Hardware, Software, legacy providers, third-party SOW/ SDC for technology services
- Basic understanding of Agile, Lean, DevSecOps, Enterprise, Global mindset with ability to listen and communicate in same language to have effective negotiations and deals
- Expert understanding of IT contracts
- Experience leading large, complex sourcing projects
- Proven ability to build effective cross-functional business relationships
- Working knowledge of category management
- Master knowledge of contract terms and conditions (T&C); specifically technology provisions
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and highly matrixed environment
- Strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint presentation skills
- 10-30% travel required
- MBA/MS degree in business, finance or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience with increasing leadership responsibilities; specialized experience in sourcing and procurement with a demonstrated understanding of category planning/management and a proven ability to build effective customer relationships.
- Knowledge of internal operations sufficient to develop complex practices and processes in closely related administrative/ operational activities.
- Experience managing clients and interacting directly with senior leadership
- Managing/leading complex IT relationships: source to execution
- Preferred industry experience: insurance, mortgage servicing and/or banking industry processes and overall value-chain, specifically in back-office functions
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.