SVP, Customer ExperienceApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 56056
The SVP Customer Experience will be instrumental in helping to implement and drive a customer experience culture that brings to life Assurant’s brand promise and purpose and values. In this position, the leader will work with management to develop Assurant’s CX vision and roadmap, oversee the ongoing deployment of Assurant’s CX management model; development of a CX common toolkit and support the execution of critical initiatives to differentiate Assurant’s customer experience.
This is both a strategic and hands-on position requiring intensive experience in interpreting customer insights, process analysis, business analysis, process mapping and process improvement execution. As the leader of Assurant’s Customer Experience Center of Excellence, he/she will be responsible for advocating for the customer experience across Assurant and for coordinating initiatives across key lines of business to maintain a holistic approach. This role is responsible for defining high impact customer journeys, developing a measurement system, sharing CX best practices, and implementing CX process management disciplines.
This leader must have a relentless focus on innovative, strategic thinking and manage a team to provide actionable recommendations for various lines of business with a focus on the customer. Leader will help drive an “outside-in” mentality and leverage insights to establish key areas of focus for improved customer experience; drive focus, prioritization, execution and accountability.
Reports to the Chief Communication and Marketing Officer of Assurant.
- Develop and drive the enterprise customer experience vision, strategy, roadmap and execution.
- Develop the necessary capabilities in the CoE that will sustain cultural change in the organization.
- Serve as the Customer Experience “thought leader” and Change Agent/catalyst to initiate needed culture change within across the Enterprise.
- Sponsor key transformation projects to improve ease of doing business.
- Drive positive customer experiences that create client and consumer value and satisfaction, retention and growth, building on voice of the customer feedback, and qualitative and quantitative data.
- Implement Assurant’s CX management model across the enterprise to drive a common approach and process for driving operational efficiency across the customer lifecycle, and the work across the organization
- Champion and leverage sources such as voice of customer insights and analytics, emotional and behavioral research, and customer journey mapping, to fully understand our customers’ experience with us, while focusing daily on delivering value to the company, solving customer experience problems and realistically developing new opportunities.
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of CX experts to continually learn and leverage industry best practices, cultivate insights and drive customer / business value while leading and consulting on strategic CX initiatives throughout the company
- Work collaboratively with other departments, including but not limited to sales and marketing, product development, technology and operations to drive customer success.
- Work to establish baseline customer experiences and moments of truth; work cross-functionally to align and mobilize stakeholders around one view of the customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to affect change via people, policy and/or system changes with the end-customer in mind.
- Continually identify evolving customer needs, wants and the priorities customers place on them to help the organization continue to win today and stay ahead of the competition.
- Leverage data to identify key opportunities for improving the customer experience and build customer loyalty.
- Drive end-to-end implementation of change.
- Align key touch points with KPI measurements, for both traditional and new business models.
- Identify customer pain points and leveraging tools to drive short-term solutions and long-term roadmaps.
- 10-15 years business experience with 5+ years focused on the Customer Experience (CX), including leading and managing customer experience strategies, including but not limited to CX research, executing a Voice of the Customer program, journey mapping, stakeholder feedback and measurement program and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Financial Services industry experience preferable, including sales, operations, marketing.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for operational excellence and customer experience management—in both a B2B, B2B2C environments.
- Process improvement/change management experience: concrete examples of having identified problems and opportunities from a customer standpoint and proven results implementing solutions.
- Global experience preferred.
- Strong business acumen and project management expertise with a successful track record of implementing customer experience and insights to drive and exceed business goals.
- Passionate customer advocate with an innate desire to build great experiences and drive an “outside-in” mentality.
- Ability to affect and drive organizational change as it relates to customer culture.
- Ability to establish clear outcomes aligned with strategy, manage to them, and effectively report on progress.
- Ability to manage multiple complex, high visibility or high impact projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) skills with ability to interact with all levels.
- Deep experience leading global, matrixed teams.
- Proven ability to drive innovative business solutions by instituting revolutionary strategic business solutions.
- Omni channel experience.
- Demonstrated experience implementing change in a multi-channel B2B, B2B2C, B2C business.
- Developed and led improvement programs over multi-year period.
- Ability to work across functions in the organization to educate on the role each plays in the customer experience and inspiring them to collective action.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and build credibility with internal teams.
- Excellent facilitator with ability to align different functions toward a common goal.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.