VP, Ethics Compliance OfficerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 57258
- Oversees operations of the Ethics Hotline, serving as the final ethics approver of hotline cases, and providing leadership and professional development activities to a team of ethics professionals.
- Oversees the design, development, implementation to promote awareness of the organization’s business ethics policies. Partners with counsel, Internal Security and Human Resources to develop procedures for investigating and resolving allegations, addressing violations of standards and enforcing required sanctions.
- Oversees the development, communication, distribution strategy and tracking of all ethics-related materials and tracking of required employee compliance and ethics training.
- Responsible for the organization’s standards of conduct and ethical relationships with members, contractors, suppliers, employees and the communities in which business is conducted.
- Maintains and oversees compliance with policies like gifts and entertainment, conflicts of interest, and the Code of Conduct.
- Establishes and maintains various ethics programs. Ensures that company ethics and business conduct programs constitute an effective program to prevent and detect violations of laws as defined in guidelines for organizations promulgated by the United States Sentencing Commission as well as similar governing bodies in the international locations where Assurant operates.
- Develops tools to collect data and assess the effectiveness of these programs and provides periodic reports to the General Counsel, senior leadership and the board for review.
- Collaborates with the Compliance Analytics, Reporting and Measuring team to provide reports to senior management, governing committees and the board of directors.
- 10 to 12 years of directly related ethics, compliance and/or business support and analysis experience required.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in a leadership role providing coaching and guidance to others required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline required. Experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- The candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills
- Demonstrated ability to us Microsoft Office products to develop analyses, charts, learning modules and/or other documentation required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with several simultaneous deliverables.
- Program of project management skills
- Expert knowledge of ethics-related topics, current regulatory issues and industry best practices required.
- Advanced knowledge of related data sources, data analysis tools and reporting techniques required.
- Building credibility with business owners through professional communication, work product, etc.
- Desire to continuously improve process and product with a positive outlook in the midst of critics with ability to lead others through cultural transformations.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and innovation skills
- Strong analytical, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 15% to participate in department meetings.
- Recent regulatory compliance experience.
- Recent internal Line-of-Business (LOB) experience within insurance, banking or investments industry.
- Familiarity with project management and process engineering principles.
- Previous employee training experience preferred.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.