VP, Global Procurement OperationsApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-87822
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a VP, Global Procurement Operations!
This position is responsible for the strategy and governance of all global Sourcing and Procurement (S&P) operational activities.Success in this role will be dependent on the ability to effectively engage and influence operational leadership to drive S&P workflow best practices, strong strategic supplier relationships, defined and measured savings and minimizing risk.
This role will be responsible for ensuring the value of procurement is captured through the enforcement of governance across the organization while leveraging spend analytics, relationships with suppliers and providing senior level program management oversight.Additionally, this individual is accountable for improving and managing consistent S&P policies, standards and guidelines at the global (across Assurant) and local (within country) levels.The role is responsible for ensuring the end-to-end S&P lifecycle operates in an efficient and effective through process redesign, technology solutions and standardization.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for global S&P operations.
- Develop global S&P operations goals and objectives that are aligned with the enterprise vision, mission & guiding principles.
- Will be responsible for developing and driving S&P transformation initiatives inside and outside the United States through new technology solutions and operational workflow redesign.
- Measure and track the value and overall effectiveness of the S&P organization, and manage continuous improvement and streamlining of processes to provide cost efficient and effective support to the different regions
- Program Management role for key technology and workflow efficiency implementations within the department and with key stakeholder groups
- Identifies, manages, and responds to any domestic and regional-specific supplier requirements
- Develop, and encourage and ensure adherence to all global and regional-specific policies and contracts which support the overall business objectives of the S&P organization
- Identify critical success factors and engage with the business units to ensure execution of efficient and effective supplier sourcing and contracting activities to meet business stakeholder requirements/needs
- Assist the business unit stakeholders with the creation and communication of savings targets
- Support engagement owners and users in the region to address performance issues and risk events
- Develop the reporting and data analysis on the S&P activities the role manages; measures and tracks the value that is delivered to the business units
- Optimize supplier relationships by understanding the terms & pricing of supplier contracts, defining buying channels and ensuring compliance to purchasing policies.
- Facilitate the effective management & execution of S&P activities across the enterprise via education on appropriate buying channels, policies & processes.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field of study
- At least 10 years of operations, Program and project management, relevant Sourcing/ Procurement experience
- 5+ years Global operations leadership experience.
- At least 4 years of management experience
- MBA/MS degree in business, finance or equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
- Project Management
- Strong execution and attention to detail
- Ability to work with different departments and drive decisions
- Executive level presentations that have complex financial analytics
- Ability to interact and influence C-suite and other leadership
- Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment
- Excellent complex negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and highly matrixed environment
- Strategic Planning
- People Management
- Sourcing and Procurement process knowledge
- Bilingual – English & Spanish
- Knowledge of supplier contract terminology
- Proven expertise working S&P organizations focusing on strategic sourcing and/or category management
- Experience in effective supply chain management
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills
- Independent thinking, good judgment and creative problem solving skills
Demonstrated Competencies in:
- Analytical Thinking
- Detail Orientation
- Critical Information Seeking
Industry Experience: Insurance, mortgage servicing and/or banking industry processes and overall value-chain, specifically in back-office functions.
CPM, CPSM, or similar certification a plus
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.