VP, Global SolvencyApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 55620
Join our growing company, and take your career to the next level!
- Leading the company’s process for constructing compliant regulatory risk management and solvency filings, obtaining approvals in accordance with the company’s risk governance structure.
- Representing Assurant in interactions with global regulatory authorities
- Coordinating the development of internal and external risk reports as required by Assurant regulatory authorities
- Collaborating with the Global Risk Modeling team to develop ERM outputs and governance materials to support such outputs.
- Creating and Providing training materials on risk and solvency regulatory compliance for non-US teams based upon specific local requirements and processes.
- Developing and evolving the risk management framework and solvency assessment across Assurant’s global operations
- Understanding the varied company business operations and how these align within the ERM and Solvency Framework
- Evaluating the data requirements necessary to comply with the regulatory standards for risk management of the countries in which the company operates
- Facilitating the ongoing evaluation, evolution, and communication of the company’s risk appetite
- Serving as liaison in the development and maintenance of the company’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool
- Maintaining the company’s risk taxonomy and frequency and severity matrices for consistent application in assessing risk
- Ensuring all relevant parties, including business and country leaders, are aware of risk reporting requirements in each AIZ jurisdiction as to documentation, process, governance and sign off.
- Acquire knowledge of and provide support to Office of Risk Management processes and reporting initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, finance, risk management, legal or equivalent professional qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in risk management, preferably within the financial services industry
- 5+ years of experience in working in insurance regulatory enterprise risk management compliance including Solvency II and ORSA
Other Requirements and Preferred Qualifications
- Proven record of understanding risk management, developing a risk framework, identifying and assessing risk, and implementing risk controls
- Ability to effectively engage with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to risk management of financial institutions.
- An ability to present to and provide training for senior level stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capability to adapt and thrive in a changing environment.
- An organized and methodical approach to task management, emphasizing attention to detail.
- Influential and persuasive in presenting risk management imperatives.
- Pragmatic approach in satisfying varied solvency and ERM requirements as imposed across regulatory authorities.
- Strong team player who can effectively operate independently.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.