VP, Real Estate & Site Portfolio ManagementApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-85777
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a VP - Real Estate & Site Portfolio Management!
This job is responsible for providing direction, governance & oversight of the company’s global lease & building portfolio and related lease administrative activities. This includes ensuring that the company efficiently selects facility sites that meet all the necessary business space and related amenity requirements & consistent with changing demographics and LOB requirements. Establish relationships with business leaders & key stakeholders across the organization, understanding key business drivers and occupancy requirements, and developing both short and long-term real estate solutions. Assurant has over 60 office locations, both owned and leased, in approximately 20 countries.
- Provide strategic guidance regarding commercial office industry trends and best practices and the company’s diverse facility portfolio footprint & building amenities
- Perform market, financial and lease portfolio analysis to support the enterprise’s specific short and long-term office space and amenity requirements and related forecasts.
- Manage and augment as needed the enterprise facility portfolio decision making and related governance processes to ensure consistent global compliance.
- Develop relationships with senior management and business leaders across the company to gain and maintain a robust understanding of the operational and dynamic needs of Assurant’s diverse businesses.
- Negotiate and execute with landlords and real estate brokers associated with the enterprise’s real estate plans and transactions for all new, renewal and terminating leases.
- Develop a cadence as appropriate to understand time frames of lease renewals & other deliverables to ensure enough time is allotted to make the right business decisions and drive negotiations
- Leverage external resources and service providers, as well as internal real estate, investment, and financial/accounting & tax expertise, deepening collaboration with facility operations, legal and human resources teams.
- Remain aware of changing needs of organization as well as external demographics ensuring requirements are met and leases are negotiated in best interest of Assurant globally and in consideration of market trends.
- Participate as needed in enterprise due diligence processes for acquisitions and divestitures associated with site locations and related business case analysis.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and management capabilities for optimizing the facility operations for a global multi-site enterprise.
- Effectively communicate recommended decisions, key insights, potential risks, action plans, as well as economic value creation (both projected and actual) to senior management, relevant committees, and business leaders across the organization, and with appropriate cadence to gain alignment and governance.
- Responsibility for managing project resources: On a virtual basis, facilitates the oversight project process for determining the enterprise’s optimal office site locations
- Financial Responsibility: Direct cost center expense responsibility for small CRE teamFinancial stewardship oversight for the enterprise global lease portfolio of 60+ office site properties
- 20% Travel
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading in the field of global corporate real estate business planning/vision, client relationship management and analytics.
- Understanding of real estate finance and the economics of real estate transactions and portfolios.
- Prior experience of 7 years negotiating complex contracts & transactions, & legal & regulatory requirements
- Knowledge on complex real estate transactions, lease operations and management, investment analysis, and labor market analysis for large global corporations
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven leader with team-oriented interpersonal skills that is capable of directly and virtually working with senior leaders and stakeholders of the organization
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to evaluate, prioritize and define responses to complex business matters.
- Ability to prepare, present, and communicate financials, multi variable business case analysis, and status effectively to all levels of internal management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities.
- Master’s Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or Economics
- Ability to influence without direct authority and drive change
- 12 to 15 years of experience working in the field of real estate business planning/lease negotiation, client relationship management and analytics and facility operations
Benefits and Value Proposition
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), generous paid time off and much more.
- We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
- Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit: http://www.assurant.jobs < http://www.assurant.jobs/ >
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers < http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers > (@AssurantCareers)
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $30 billion in assets and $9 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. www.assurant.com.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.