Legal CoordinatorApply Location Bothell, Washington Requisition Number R-88054
Assurant is seeking a Legal Coordinator in Bothell, WA!
As a Legal Coordinator you will be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the draft and filings of the legal court pleadings through various states. This role also provides assistance to the Litigation Manager for the day-to-day operations of the Legal Department. You will be responsible for ensuring and maintaining compliance at all times with company policy and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Draft legal court pleadings such as summons, complaint, proof of service, garnishment paperwork, satisfactions, and dismissals.
- Coordinate and facilitate the workflow of court pleadings through various states with our retained attorneys.
- Assist in managing written and verbal communication to/from court clerks, consumers/defendants, garnishees, attorneys, clients, and interoffice communication.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Ability to use skip tracing tools for asset and home address location.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Must be able to take direction on workflow from Managers and work within dynamic environment to ensure compliant process is followed.
- Ability to professionally communicate with court clerks, attorneys, consumers/defendants, clients, and other interoffice departments.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Skilled typing, 50 wpm, minimum.
- At least 1 year of experience in a law firm, collection agency, or similar type of office that handled civil litigation or legal collection efforts. Experience would include drafting and/or coordinating the filing of legal pleadings.
- Garnishment experience preferred.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.