Shared Services Jr Analyst
The Shared Services Jr Analyst assists in design, develops, tests, and delivers data mining, analytic, or reporting solutions based on requirements provided by a business user, following department protocols development and migration standards. The incumbent will also have responsibilities for business unit support and maintenance of existing reporting, analytic, or data mining solutions which support business processes or decision support. Gains working knowledge of related source data systems and tool sets.
Profitable Growth - Assists in design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate complexity and risk (30%)
- Responsible for the design of dashboard reporting for data analytics that target opportunities for identifying cost savings, efficiencies, waste, customer impact, and operational performance. This includes data mining solutions based on provided oral and written requirements
- Responsible for requirements gathering, data analysis, and development activities
- Collaborate with various levels of ASP business leaders as part of large projects and those of a smaller scale in order to meet business needs tied to our core goals for Profitable Growth
Protecting the Core - Participate in solution development according to business and technical requirements that focus on SLA performance in key functional areas (30%)
- Develop, test, and implement tools for data analysis targeting anomalies in data, trending of performance of primary functional areas (Processing, Customer Care, Loss Drafts, etc.)
- Develops, tests, documents, and implements ad-hoc reports and project based dashboard reports, analytics, or data mining solutions with guidance from project managers, senior staff members, and management
Operational Excellence – Develop tools for measuring, analyzing and reporting of quality assurance (30%)
- Responsible for design of dashboard reporting and data analysis that target quality of key functional processes
- Perform root cause analysis and defect correction and recommended improvement as indicated by test results
- Monitor data generated by the outcomes, report results and document findings according to current standards
People and Culture – Learn continuously and participate in cross training events (10%)
- Learn new data mining, analytical, and reporting tools as they become available – keep knowledge current and identify the best tool based on project/task need
- Collaborate with other DIG team members continuously to share, learn, and implement new tools and best practices
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced effective oral and written communication skills
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of moderate risk
- Moderate analysis skills for technical problem solving
Depending on the specific department the following experience is required:
- 1-2 years of experience data mining using SQL Server with extensive experience writing moderately complex Transact SQL procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices of reporting using Excel
- Ability to write moderately complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, and Excel Power Pivot, Visio
- Tableau dashboard reporting
- Power BI
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The position contributes to organizational success by providing quality reporting, analytic, or data mining solutions consistent with business requirements and technical specifications.
The Insurance Operations Data Analyst may participate in solution development related tasks within a team setting, or may work on individual projects, i.e. ad-hoc requests. Work of moderate complexity and risk may be executed under the mentoring guidance of senior personnel.
Assignments are consistent with training and acquired skills achieved within or across multiple platforms.
Travel may also be required for job-related training and assignments.
Participation in on-call services for business support and critical reporting implementations is required.
This position may come in contact with sensitive information on an occasional or periodic basis. The nature of this job may require the incumbent to review specific sensitive information for the purposes of performing the accountabilities of this position.
The job incumbent will take appropriate steps to ensure that access to and use of the sensitive information is limited to that needed to adequately perform his/her job responsibilities and accountabilities.
The job incumbent must perform duties under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume, office work environment.
ROLE/JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to deliver results on time and to expectations
- Ability to have general understanding of underlying business need
- Ability to adhere to best development practices
- Ability to work in a matrix-managed environment
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.