Compliance OfficerApply Location Camberwell, Victoria Requisition Number R-85207
Everyone at Assurant -- no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world -- is united by the principles that follow. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
About the opportunity:
The Compliance Officer provides support and guidance to the business on the implementation of Assurant's Corporate Compliance Program and regulatory compliance plans. The role supports various regulatory, compliance and training activities and projects.
- Assist with the development of the AU & NZs corporate compliance program, including reviewing and drafting policies and procedures and ensure that the Compliance Calendar is kept up to date, reminders sent in a timely manner to the business and ensure any issues with meeting deadlines are escalated to the appropriate levels of management.
- Assist with the investigation and management of compliance issues, incidents and breach matters and collaborate with functional teams to implement control improvements.
- Review mandatory disclosure documentation to ensure compliance with prevailing legislative and regulatory obligations.
- Ensure that company records are accurate and up to date, notifying the relevant regulator of changes to company details, filing annual returns and appointing and maintaining details of Responsible Persons and Responsible Managers.
- Perform the role of secretary of the Compliance Committee and the Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee, recording detailed minutes, distributing minutes, compiling and circulating the Committee papers and following up outstanding Committee action items.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory and compliance registers including gift and hospitality registers, conflicts of interest and material outsourced arrangements.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory development and assist with regulatory insights development and/or participate in working groups in collaboration with business stakeholders to assess and implement remedial actions; with a key focus on NZ regulatory landscape.
- Support and deliver on project management and execution requirements on ad hoc basis.
Successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of three years experience in a risk, compliance and/or legal role preferably within a financial services organization.
- Competence in understanding complex business documentation and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of Australia regulations and obligations. Knowledge of NZ regulations will be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- High standard of time management and organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks with demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and strong professional written and communication skills
- Ability to use initiative to investigate and solve problems
- Good stakeholder management, interpersonal skills
What's in it for you?
- Great people to work with across the globe
- Diverse and supportive culture
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.