HR Partner - AustraliaApply Location Camberwell, Victoria Requisition Number R-86359
At Assurant, we partner with some of the world's largest and most well known brands, helping their customers protect what matters most through a range of insurance and warranty related products. We have a tradition of collaboration and a can-do spirit that puts our values into practice every day.
About the role
As a trusted advisor to Assurant’s leaders and team members, the HR Partner coaches, supports and advises the local Assurant team on all elements of the employee lifecycle, including talent pipelining, leadership coaching, performance management, and administration of the payroll function.
This is a key role in supporting team leaders to create an always improving team and customer first experience through:
- Supporting team leaders in sourcing activity, candidate screening and interviews, coaching hiring managers on interview skills, and implementing modern approach to streamline and enhance the candidate experience
- Coaching managers and team members to build their leadership skills, self-awareness, and personal effectiveness
- Closely working with identified growth potential team members, to build their leadership experiences and knowledge, and best preparing them for succession into key business roles
- Conducting performance and behavior investigations, and providing coaching and advice to managers
- Creating a great place to work through leading and supporting managers on team member engagement interventions, recognition & benefits programs, diversity & inclusion events, team member care and wellbeing (OHS)
- Administering the payroll function for Australian and New Zealand entities
- Utilise people analytics and workforce reporting to understand trends, and partner with team leaders to develop actions and interventions to correct and enhance as necessary
- Ensure compliance with Fair Work and other relevant legislation, and internal HR policies and procedures
- Provide leaders and team members policy interpretation and guidance, with a focus on coaching managers to explore courses of action, potential risks, and decision making
We're looking for someone that has a team first mindset to all they do, has a collaborative style, and driven to deliver results for the team and business. You will be comfortable and experienced in transformational change environments, and are confident to advocate and lead through ambiguity. The below background will set you up for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or similar field
- 6+ years’ experience in HR Partnering or similar role
- Strong knowledge of local employee relations framework - Fair Work Act, OHS and other related legislation
- Experienced user of HRIS – Workday preferred
- Payroll administration experience for medium to large business
- Microsoft office suite and related cloud-based programs
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.