People Partner - ANZApply Location Camberwell, Victoria Requisition Number R-88493
At Assurant, we partner with some of the world's largest and most well known brands, helping their customers protect what matters most. We have a tradition of collaboration and a can-do spirit that puts our values into practice every day.
About the role
As a trusted advisor to Assurant’s leaders and team members, the People Partner coaches, supports and advises the ANZ team on all elements of the employee lifecycle, including talent sourcing, leadership coaching, and supporting team leaders to create an ever improving team and customer first experience.
- Supporting team leaders in sourcing activity, candidate screening and interviews, coaching hiring managers on interview skills and techniques. Taking a Digital Mindset to streamline and enhance the candidate experience
- Coaching leadership skills, self-awareness, and personal effectiveness, and enabling growth through regular connections and support
- Working closely with identified growth potential team members to build their leadership experience and knowledge, preparing them for succession into key business roles
- Creating a Great Place to Work through team experience interventions, diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, and team care and wellbeing
- Administering the payroll function for all ANZ entities, building strong partnerships with payroll providers and the finance team
- Conducting investigations into poor performance or behaviours, and providing performance coaching and advice to managers which may include participating in disciplinary meetings, drafting of outcome letters, and advising on team member termination as required
- Utilise people analytics, metrics and workforce reporting to understand trends, and partner with team leaders to develop actions and interventions to correct and enhance as necessary
- Ensure compliance with Fair Work and other relevant legislation, and internal HR policies and procedures, and that Assurant policies are aligned to current industry practice, recommending changes to keep ahead of legislative requirements
- Provide leaders and team members policy interpretation and guidance, with a focus on coaching managers to explore and consider courses of action, potential risks, and decision making
We're looking for someone that has a team first mindset, collaborative style, and is outcome focused. You aren't afraid of rolling your sleeves up and getting involved in all elements of People & Culture, balancing the daily tactical elements with the longer term strategic initiatives. We're on a fast growth trajectory in ANZ and you are fundamental to enhancing and evolving our team experience to ensure we've the right talent in the right place at the right time
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or similar field
- 6+ years’ experience in HR Partnering or similar role
- Payroll administration experience for medium to large business
- Strong knowledge of local employee relations framework, Fair Work Act, OHS and other related legislation
- Experience with Workday preferred
Interested? Let's chat.
Click the apply button to submit your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 22 January 2021
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.