Senior AdjudicatorApply Location Camberwell, Victoria Requisition Number R-83280
Everyone at Assurant -- no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world -- is united by the principles that follow. That’s why we created a culture where you’re free to bring thoughtful, caring attention to each customer. Whatever your position, your innovative thinking can make a real difference.
With more than 100 years industry expertise, we are trusted by over 300 million consumers worldwide and we handle more than 16.6 million unique policies across the automotive, appliance and technology, home and financial service industries.
Are you someone who takes ownership, possess excellent organisation skills and thrives on working towards team goals in a fast paced environment?
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to join our busy Camberwell office as a Senior Adjudicator. This position is responsible for providing leadership, support, development and coaching to the team ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered, while ensuring adherence to business rules and guidelines. This role will act as the first point of escalation, enabling claims to be assessed in a timely and accurate manner.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager you are responsible for:
- Settle claims in the most cost effective and time efficient manner using unique and innovative solutions where possible and/or necessary
- Achieve the required standards of performance against all relevant SLAs and KPIs
- Provide accurate and timely responses to all queries as required keeping customers, clients and third party providers informed of claim progress
- Contribute toward the maintenance of all relevant claims manuals and procedures for all products
- Lead, coach, develop and motivate the team and create and maintain a strong performance culture that aligns with Assurant's desired organisation culture
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of customer service at all times and seek to achieve the best outcome for the customer and Assurant
- Provide a strong technical level of knowledge on Assurant products and procedures
- Ensure that the team is appropriately cross training and multiskilling in place to ensure appropriate capacity levels at all times
- Ensure the team adhere to all relevant policies and procedures when lodging, assessing and settling claims
- Conduct and document regular performance reviews with all team members
- Ensure employees comply with all insurance and non insurance regulatory bodies/laws and internal policies
- Resolve disputes and escalations within appropriate timeframes whilst striving to achieve the best outcome for customer and Assurant
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- RG146 Compliance Certification
- Minimum 1-3 years people management/supervisory experience in a call/customer service environment
- Insurance Industry experience
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel
What's in it for you?
- A fun, diverse and supportive team culture
- Amazing training & development
- Competitive salary and other benefits
Click on "Apply for this job". A full cover letter is required with all applications, detailing your suitability for the role, including indicative remuneration expectations. Only applications with full cover letters will be reviewed.
Suitable applicants will also be required to undertake a Police Check. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For further information about Assurant, please visit our website: https://www.assurant.com/
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.