Accounting AnalystApply Location Chicago, Illinois Requisition Number R-86669
The Accounting Analyst (AA) is responsible for the quality and accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial close related deliverables, in addition to being involved in special projects as assigned. The financial close related responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Reconciliations and analytics related DAC/VOBA/Intangibles purchasing accounting (PGAAP), leases, miscellaneous liability accruals, other misc.
- SEC quarterly/annual disclosures
- Various analytics related to the Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Assist with review/oversight of International accounting and GAAP reporting responsibilities
The AA will work with general lifestyle accounting, international accounting teams, marketing, operations, actuary and other functional areas to ensure all information is received and entered accurately, providing management and internal/external auditors with information they need as requested, and special projects as required or requested by supervisor.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with the monthly and quarterly close process to ensure all reporting has been received and accurately booked.
- Prepares analysis for management and support for auditors including answering any follow up questions.
- Analyzes the financial results for accuracy.
- Reconciles various balance sheet account reconciliations and performs research on reconciling items.
- Expedites completion of special projects and miscellaneous requests as required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Strong financial analysis experience
- Public Accounting and/or Insurance Accounting experience preferred
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.