Director, Global Ethics & Compliance TrainingApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Chicago,Illinois; Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-86638
Assurant is seeking a talented Director of Global Ethics and Compliance Training to join our Enterprise Ethics & Compliance team. This position spans the global ethics & compliance organization at Assurant and is responsible for developing and leading the training strategy. The role will work in close partnership with the corporate Learning & Development team who is responsible for executing on the strategy.
The Director is responsible for developing and executing ethics & compliance awareness initiatives to drive an effective speak up culture, raise awareness of the requirements for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and ensure employees meet Assurant’s ethics and compliance standards. This position will work collaboratively with groups across the company including various Business, Compliance, Corporate Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Regional and Operations areas. The Director will report to the Vice President, Ethics Office.
- Develop the comprehensive global strategy of ethics & compliance-related training, both custom in-house training and in coordination with third-party vendors. Serve as subject matter expert on ethics & compliance course content, and partner with the Learning & Development team to deliver on strategic plan.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, Human Resources, training partners, and business area ethics & compliance teams to proactively identify targeted risk training needs for applicable audiences.
- Develop and execute the ethics & compliance communication strategy, including serving as the champion for the company’s ethics & compliance program by driving awareness through creative branding, internal messaging, various internal marketing campaigns.
- Lead the periodic update and refresh of Assurant’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, including development and execution of an interactive code of conduct.
- Assist in building and leading a global Ethics Liaison program.
- Serve as a trusted advisor by providing ethics consultation to employees, business partners, and senior management to help ensure Assurant manifests a strong culture of integrity throughout all levels of the enterprise.
- Conduct ethics investigations and support ethics program operations as needed.
- 7+ years as a subject matter expertise in ethics and compliance concepts and risk areas
- 5+ years of proven experience developing an ethics & compliance training strategy and serving as SME for development of ethics & compliance training content
- 5+ years of proven experience developing and delivering creative, state-of-the-art ethics & compliance communications content/awareness initiatives to a global audience with demonstrable results
- 3+ years of experience working in a global, highly matrixed organization
- 3+ years people management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 20% in the future
- 10+ years progressive responsibilities in ethics & compliance team or function
- 10+ years of proven experience developing an ethics & compliance training strategy and serving as SME for development of ethics & compliance training content
- Knowledge, understanding and experience developing content for adult learning courses using best practice training methodologies
- Experience in financial services and/or the mobile phone industry preferred but not required
- Program or project management skills
- CEP, LPEC or other compliance certification
- Prior experience responding to ethics inquiries and investigating allegations of misconduct
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills and prior experience presenting to large groups
- Demonstrated success integrating ethics & compliance into daily business operations
- Proven track record in developing, designing and implementing global policies, procedures and training in a diverse, matrixed environment
- Impeccable integrity and commitment to highest standards of professionalism and ethical conduct
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.