Mgr, Software EngineeringApply Location Chicago, Illinois Requisition Number R-57783
Assurant Labs has cultivated a fast-paced, agile development environment where creativity and teamwork are paramount.
We are looking for positive take-charge individuals to join our growing team as a Manager - Software Engineering. They will report to the Director of Engineering. Candidates must have exceptional communication skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, excellent judgment, and the ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing people/demonstrated leadership experience.
- Engaging in product development and creation of solutions. This includes task planning as well as demonstrated technical abilities
- Architectural oversight over projects from concept to deployment
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning and project management skills.
- Plan Execution. Delivery of high quality products on time and within budget
- Team building/collaboration.
- Conducting design and code reviews
We need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of architect/development experience in MS SQL Server and the BI stack
- Experience in MS BI stack (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Proficient in MS Azure cloud architecture
- Experience in Data Analysis
We hope you have:
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.