Technical Lead EngineerApply Location Chicago, Illinois Requisition Number R-89969
Technical Lead Engineer
Assurant is looking for a Technical Lead Engineer. The Technical Lead Engineer is responsible Co-Architecting solutions that drive analytics and insight into our business. The Tech Lead must understand how to apply BI tools to build analytics using cloud architecture. The Tech Lead will report to the AVP of Software Engineering and will take most of his/her direction.
Work remotely temporarily due to Covid-19
You will be responsible for:
- Managing people/demonstrated leadership experience.
- Engaging in product development and creation of solutions. This includes task planning as well as demonstrated technical abilities
- Architectural oversight over projects from concept to deployment
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid planning and project management skills.
- Plan Execution. Delivery of high quality products on time and within budget
- Team building/collaboration.
- Conducting design and code reviews
We need you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of architect/development experience in MS SQL Server and the BI stack
- Experience in MS BI stack (SQL Server 2016 /2017, SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- 2+ years in MS Azure cloud architecture (Data Factory, Data Bricks, etc)
- Experience in Data Analysis
We hope you have:
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Willingness to participate in mentoring and skills transfer among team members
- Experience with Dimensional Modeling
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.