BD & Solutions Engineering Manager, JapanApply Location Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Requisition Number R-85373
This position in Japan is responsible for supporting Sr. Director Business Development & Solutions Engineering through developing and maintaining stronger relationship with clients in the field, continuously running assessments to identify areas to improve/ enhance in the existing programs, drafting/ developing grand design for enhancement/ improvement plans, and making sure of the timely delivery of those plans. Also, this position works for the delivery of new business to new clients.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Establish stronger and deeper relationship with existing clients on the field level and consult on the clients’ initiatives and how Assurant can supply solutions
- Design a new program for new clients and manage the delivery in cooperation with BD and IT
- Regularly facilitate review meetings and make periodic visits to explore client specific needs/ requirements and anticipate new opportunities/ initiatives
- Continuously enhance, streamline, and rationalize the existing programs in view of the clients, end users, and our internal stakeholders such as call centers and operations based on the deep understanding and analysis on clients’ needs, existing programs, and root cause of the issues/ concerns
- Draft, develop, and establish a plan to materialize enhancement, rationalization, and improvement of the existing program and play a lead role to move the plan forward for the implementation
- Maximize IT and Operations to deliver enhancement and improvement for clients, end users, and ourselves by bridging gaps between them in terms of communication, understanding of bottlenecks, perspectives of the goals/ ideal state, how to approach issues for resolution, etc.
- Create sales pitches, presentations, reference materials, and other documents as required to develop and facilitate the proposal process and make a presentation to the clients
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, or related discipline
- At minimum 6 years of overall professional experience
- At minimum 4 years of experience in IT/ business consulting
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently but within strategic framework
- Proactive and willing to learn and ask questions
- Able to handle multiple projects/ assignments concurrently
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience in working in a matrix global organization
- Comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.