Lead Business AnalystApply Location Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Requisition Number R-83341
The Lead Business Analyst works on project assignments of high risk and complexity, leads and directs activities such as business process analysis, business requirement elicitation, estimates, research, testing, and documentation. This lead position acts as the Subject Matter Expert to the business and team leadership on major, complex initiatives. This position is responsible for understanding and criticizing business processes for improvements, delivering business technology solution to meet the business needs and work as liaison between business stakeholders and technical architects and developers.
Primary Job Accountability
- Manage system enhancement requests: Intake and prioritization
- Acts as the customer / Technology liaison during analysis, requirements elicitation and solution brainstorming activities;
- Acts as Lead Business Analyst contact on multi-platform projects to coordinate touch points and integration of Elita with those systems;
- Maintains an understanding of a broad range of business processes and related systems;
- Provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions;
- Lead and drive the collaboration with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives;
- Ability to understand/document Customer Journey System flows to explain business process flows;
- On a large project with multiple Business Analysts assigned, the Lead Business Systems Analyst will coordinate the activities and orchestrate the project tasks amount the other Business Analysts;
- Leads the resolution of the most complex system problem from the business analysis perspective;
- Leads implementation support activities for all projects;
- Understands and enforce the system development methodology;
- Contributes and enforce to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, and risk;
- Communicates status, dependencies, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties;
- Tracks project issues and drive resolutions for projects;
- Tracks and monitors others analyst work for projects;
- Contributes and provides guidance for test cases, scope and scenarios;
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications;
- Works with business and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution;
- Directs and lead training support activities such as documentation preparation, training preparation and delivery;
- Leads the collection, interpretation and summarizing of systems and business process changes (as-is vs to-be);
- Works affectively across the organization to secure support for the projects
- Completes complex business requirements for client implementations and system enhancements;
- Requires 5+ years of progressive Business Systems Analyst experience in an Information Technology environment.
- Requires ability to proactively estimate, plan, schedule, organize, coordinate, and execute activities.
- Requires ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities at the same time
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals both in English and Japanese.
- Requires ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Requires ability to apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis / solution generation process.
- Requires ability to coordinate UAT testing cycle, issues tracking and resolution.
- Requires strong facilitation skills.
- Requires ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
- Requires ability to be adaptable to a variety of project team roles, such as analyst, tester, documentation writer, trainer, or team lead.
- Requires ability to develop good working relationships across the organization with business sponsors, business partners and technical staff.
- Requires a high level of expertise in a variety of application and business areas, especially call center and supply chain areas.
- Requires continuous learning of new skills that add value to projects and assignments.
- Addresses and resolves conflicts, where needed;
- Adapts message to audience and ensures audience purpose is met;
- Listens for understanding;
- Persists to accomplish objectives despite significant resistance;
- Anticipates potential disrupters;
- Influences people and situations to effectively gather information to successfully work through issues.
- Raises issues candidly and directly with the people involved to resolve them and move on.
- Listens to the perspectives of all individuals in conflict before determining a solution.
- Responds objectively and non-defensively to concerns and issues.
- Identifies mutual points of interests or benefits among individuals or groups in order to gain commitment or cooperation.
Collaborates with Others
- Actively seeks a variety of viewpoints and incorporates the contributions and expertise of others to facilitate best results.
- Adjusts approach to effectively work with others with a different perspective or work style.
- Actively supports decisions, once made, even if in disagreement.
- Frames solution generation in terms of "what if", "if/then", thinking rather than "either/or".
- Identifies and works through conflict that may derail the collaborative process.
Demonstrate Global and Cultural Awareness Behavior Statements
- Modifies own behavior in order to effectively conduct business in different environments.
- Recognizes what practices are acceptable and unacceptable in working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Makes personal adjustments that accommodate the time zone differences and other needs of international partners, colleagues and customers.
- Pursues opportunities to work with and learn from people from different cultures.
- Ability to think conceptually and innovatively.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations with less than complete information.
- Strong desire and ability to continuous learn new skills that add value to assigned initiatives.
- Strong desire and ability to develop good working relationships with business sponsors, business partners and technical staff.
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply business vision and direction.
Environment/ Scope considerations:
- The job incumbent must be able to manage priorities of concurrent project and support assignments, while meeting stakeholder expectations.
- The job incumbent will work independently and handling assignments of high complexity. In a team setting, the incumbent will generally hold a leadership role and will provide input or deliver feedback for team member performance appraisal.
- The incumbent is responsible for projects or support responsibilities
- The incumbent will lead or coordinate activities with team members and business partners across multiple sites.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to work at a computer workstation most of the day utilizing a standard keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- The employee must be able to understand the spoken and written word and must be able to respond in kind.
__10_% Travel (domestic and international travel)
- Project Management and/or Business Systems Analyst Certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or with an emphasis on Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics is preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Requires thorough understanding of planning, analysis and testing techniques required to support application development.
- Requires proficiency with business system design/ modeling, documentation and analysis techniques.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience in project management processes, including: project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.