Operation Support EngineerApply Location Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Requisition Number R-89237
The Operation Support Engineer is responsible for day-to-day support related to IT systems for Assurant Japan. As such the candidate plans, organizes, and coordinates production support related projects and activities with the local business and the global IT team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications and infrastructure deals with the most complex system problem logs; works with business and technical teams to perform effective root-cause analysis, resolution, and preventive actions; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up.
- Accountable for successful project delivery related to continuous system enhancement for operational improvement.
- Maintains system support manual, create and maintain reports, assist with troubleshooting, interprets errors, automate and monitors operational processes.
- Monitors infrastructure health, escalate to the Global IT team for outages, follow up on root cause analysis, problems and major incidents.
- Participates in testing activities for maintenance; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in complex testing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software development or Engineering organization
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in different IT areas, working through the business analysis, design, development, production support and infrastructure.
- Minimum 7 years leading implementations of mission critical applications supporting diverse technologies.
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Knowledge and experience in the use of distributed technologies including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET .NET Framework 3.5 & higher, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT); IIS 7.0 and higher
- Source control tool – TFS
- Reporting tool – SSRS and SharePoint
- Database technology including Oracle 12c and SQL server 2014 and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
- Experience with Windows operating systems and shell scripting.
- Understanding of cloud hosting and server availability behind a load balancer and firewall. (Azure, AWS)
- Having basic understanding of network security. Protocol, authentication, etc.
- Travel: Domestically within Japan to client offices or vendors and operation sites; Internationally for training and workshops needs.
- Position requires the ability to work outside normal office hours for coordination and reporting with the global IT organization, and to provide support and problem escalation as required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- A mindset to go beyond job title to get things done
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- High command of verbal and written English. Other languages is a plus.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to analyze complex business and system problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Willing to work outside normal hours and wear multiple hats.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.