Quality Assurance Engineer
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for delivering projects and IT systems with zero defect, by preventing quality issue from happening, capturing defects upstream in the delivery cycle, and testing product extensively to prevent defects going to business processes and production systems.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
This role will be working with the global Quality Assurance (QA) team.
Quality Issue Prevention
- Understand business requirements and product features thoroughly to help defining acceptance criteria, lead test plan, test scenario/cases, and test data preparation
- Ensure the whole delivery team understand the quality expectation of the deliverable
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy
- Assess whether employees need training to prevent mistakes during production, and provide training to users when needed
- Create test plan automation procedures
- Suggest and lead improvements to company infrastructure and processes to prevent future mistakes during production
- Communicate with Quality Control about existing defects and how to prevent them in future products
- Identify key KPIs for product quality
Proactive Identification of Deficient in Quality
- Define, implement, and automate test methodology
- Engage in production release plans to minimize risk of mistakes during release
- Meeting project deadlines while not compromising quality
- Communicate with other departments such as project management and engineering to coordinate scheduling for QA & UAT testing
- Apply technical skills related to the product being tested (knowledge of programming languages to software QA, knowledge of machinery for hardware, etc.)
Defect Resolution & Management
- Working together with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to assess product problems and brainstorm solutions
- Manage and investigate causes of defects that occur during the testing phase
- Report discovered defects to all relevant departments for correction
- Prepare and present reports and metrics to Senior Management
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software development or Engineering organization
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in different IT areas, working through the business analysis, design, development, production support and infrastructure.
- 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 5 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and other
- 5 years of experience with software QA tools and processes
- Strong Communication Skill both in English and Japanese.
- Travel: Domestically within Japan to client offices or vendors and operation sites; Internationally for training and workshops needs.
- Position requires the ability to work outside normal office hours for coordination and reporting with the global IT organization, and to provide support and problem escalation as required.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- A mindset to go beyond job title to get things done
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to analyze complex business and system problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Willing to work outside normal hours and wear multiple hats.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.