SCM QA ManagerApply Location Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Requisition Number R-86314
Job Purpose (Why job exists)
Manage the quality assurance and control across multiple departments within the Assurant Supply Chain to ensure that proper processes, procedures, and controls are in place and are being followed per department and customer expectations.
Primary Job Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development, implementation, documentation, and monitoring of quality assurance standards, processes, and controls.
- Lead quality team within Assurant Japan Supply Chain, while interacting with quality personnel across regions.
- Interact with departmental leaders in identifying customer facing activities within their areas that need quality assurance resources in order to ensure a quality product is being vended and within the established SLAs.
- Ensure that the business is operating and aligned with established regulatory procedures and company quality standards. Actively support regulatory efforts with continual improvement and corrective actions, as needed.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective quality management team including efficient workflow patterns, ensure customer expectations/SLAs are achieved, established performance standards, effective delineation of duties and responsibilities, ensure proper staffing levels, and timely communication of pertinent information.
- Ensure that Six Sigma quality related initiatives are being followed throughout the facility.
- Accomplish business objectives by gathering and analyzing quality monitoring results and making recommendations for business plans, preparing information for monthly progress and quarterly reviews, and preparing and completing action plans and assignments.
- Manages all quality monitoring records, reports, and analyses, ensuring that they are complete, accurate and prepared on time.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets monitoring results in order to ascertain the extent to which goals are being attained. Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Analyze department and/or area production capabilities based on quality evaluations and make recommendations for improvements.
- Directs quality assurance program and ensures quality problems are identified and resolved.
- Keep up with industry trends to remain at the leading edge of quality services provided to our customers.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
Five years of business quality management experience in the areas of operations and manufacturing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience with Six Sigma quality concepts.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of manufacturing operations
Skills: Strong creative and analytical skills.
Effective written, listening, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
Able to interact with staff at all levels.
Ability to handle conflict positively.
Well-developed leadership qualities.
English: Business level (required to interface with our US team frequently)
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.