Warehouse Operations ManagerApply Location Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo Requisition Number R-83201
Warehouse Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Managing warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setting up layout and ensure efficient space utilization
Direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. Supervise the efficient receipt, test, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of mobile devices, tablets and other electronics products.
Ultimately, to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running according to plan.
- Strategically manage warehouse operations in compliance with company’s policies and objectives
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, test & triage, distribution and maintenance operations
- Effectively manage throughput and mitigate peaks and overflow
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures
- Developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health, safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with inventory management system & ERP
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport/courier companies and internal cross functional coordination.
- Plan operations, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, E & O stock report, latency, etc.)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives (Six Sigma, Kaizen)
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
Excellent communication skills in business level of English and Japanese
Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
Working Experience in Japan and must be familiar with Warehouse operations
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.