Manager, Operations AnalyticsApply Location Columbus, Ohio Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-90135
Assurant is seeking a Manager, Operations, Analytics with the opportunity to work remote from Home!
The WFM Strategy & Analytics Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the team that provides analytics and reporting support for Workforce Management and Global Housing Operations and Leadership.
This includes analyzing complex operational problems, and handling projects that are complex in nature or projects supporting corporate initiatives and impacting other areas.
The WFM Strategy & Analytics Manager is further expected to ensure governance and documentation of data handling processes and reporting details, and to make recommendations for solutions and enhancements that promote efficiency, compliance, and growth.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
The effective Operations Analytics Manager will spend his/her time in roughly the percentages below:
- Hire and manage analyst staff to meet service level expectations.
- Develop plans and goals, and meet regularly with reports to provide feedback and/or correction.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization, and establish standards for performance
- Develop or source functional training for team.
- Identify needs and opportunities for training to support continued optimization.
- Work directly with team to ensure they are trained in the necessary tools and processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve or gain efficiencies within our system applications and/or are impacted by our applications.
- Resolve complex, non-routine problems and issues where no precedent has been established or exists.
- Identify trends/patterns; facilitate and/or conduct root cause analysis; recommend solution alternatives.
- When possible, implement creative short-term fixes to overcome immediate operational issues while still focusing on long-term solution.
- Assess impact of proposed business solutions on current systems and procedures.
- Independently research, report and implement business solutions for complex problems.
- Ability to identify priority issues and determine which issues can be handled within the authority of an Analyst and being able to discern those issues requiring direction from a higher authority.
- Analyze complex processes and system problems for modification.
- Participate in new process definition efforts, as requested.
- Document existing and new business processes and workflows with a high level of complexity.
- Identify checkpoints within business processes, metrics for process performance, and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of process re-engineering approaches and techniques.
- Comply with corporate and departmental policies.
- Exercise influence and leverage data analysis to implement process and technology changes that are beneficial to the business and have a significant financial, employee, client, or customer impact.
- Anticipate business needs and take initiative to develop solutions for those needs.
- Interpret high-level business, compliance and financial needs/requests for complex projects, with little or no background information or foundation.
- Identify impacted functions and departments and communicate as appropriate to ensure alignment.
- Consolidate/combine ideas, issues and observations into a single concept or clear presentation.
- Write business requirements for complex projects, including the definition, scope, objectives, and defining the approach.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of project management principles.
- Participate as a team leader, project team member or individual contributor.
- Manage activities and projects of a complex nature with direction from sponsoring management.
- Handle multiple projects, concurrently.
- Develop plans for project tasks, including scheduling and coordinating activities of other team members to produce deliverables.
- Monitors progress of implementation schedules and redirects efforts when project goals are not being met.
- Anticipate problems, develop contingency plans, and recommend solutions for project issues.
- Participate in identifying specific financial savings, revenue increases or other financial impacts associated with work and development of cost/benefit analysis.
- Communicate with appropriate parties to successfully influence project scope, design, and outcomes and to successfully complete assignments.
- Demonstrate ability to lead/coordinate large projects independently.
- Design and facilitate change management programs to ensure effective implementation of change within the organization.
- Coordinate production implementation efforts with Operations leaders and IT/BI.
- Communicate implementation timelines and tasks.
- Apply new knowledge rapidly.
- Continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
- Actively participate in knowledge exchange interdepartmentally and across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of experience in analytics and/or reporting.
- 1 years of management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively perform analytical and system support duties.
- Ability to learn new applications and technologies.
- Ability to process complex time-sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks, concurrently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, concurrently.
- Requires knowledge of a variety of applications including reporting systems, WFM systems, web-based systems, and Microsoft suite.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.