Data Analytics Intern, UKApply Location Crewe Additional Locations: Surrey Requisition Number R-89278
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are looking for Data Analytics Interns to come join our team this summer, where Assurant provides an excellent learning environment! You will assist the Data Analytics team in developing deeper analytical tools for our clients and in implementing creative internal solutions for specific problems.
Other responsibilities include;
- Assist the Data Analytics Team by performing data collection, data analysis, digital analysis of important measurements
- Help analyse and develop creative new or existing process changes
- Manage Excel (can perform complex functions) for data analysis
- Build PowerPoint presentations and present insights from given analyses to the leadership team
- Participate in brainstorming sessions around the creation of new solutions
- Help document standard operating procedures and work instructions
You will have the following skills;
- Minimum of 2nd year completed and enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Business Management, Information Systems or related programme of study. Master's degree will also be considered
- 2years of excel (can perform complex functions) and PowerPoint experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience in SQL Server, Digital Analytics, Machine learning, knowledge of data management/warehousing and Power BI
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.