FP&A Business PartnerApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-86361
FP&A Business Partner
European Head Office, Crewe
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As part of our finance transformation, following the merger of Assurant and The Warranty Group in May 2018, we need a range of entrepreneurial finance professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. The investment we are making in automating our processes, including the use of AI now needs to be complimented by our investment in finance people with a questioning mind-set and a restless curiosity. Based in our European HQ in Crewe, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
This role will be responsible for supporting key business stakeholders on the development of robust financial plans, initiatives and business strategies. Through building understanding, insightful analytics, impactful commentary and presentations of the business they will drive business performance. By understanding in depth, the business performance, the role will also act as a control point.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Establish strong trusted partnering relationships with business stakeholders to ensure current and future business performance understood by product, client, geography and distribution etc. Provide deep insights on operational & financial performance, identifying and supporting development of improvement initiatives
- present findings to the business to improve management decisions
- Provide key support to business on delivery of key initiatives within the financial plan
- Provide ad-hoc support to finance and other business requests
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Influence, shape and execute solutions to realize key goals
- Effectively uses all resources to ensure optimization of delivery
- Engages positively with stakeholders
- Supports drivers for change and takes ownership of change activity ensuring implementation is timely, to quality within budget and risks are mitigated.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or MBA qualified
- Experience within Financial control / reporting, commercial, strategy / planning and analysis
- Worked in top tier organizations in either Financial Services, Software, or Technology
- Understanding of insurance accounting, capital modelling, analytical tools and software
- Capable and looking to develop to a senior management level role
- Has developed and delivered new analytical solutions to a business and changed business performance / improved control / efficiency etc.
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our career’s website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.