Oracle Database Administrator AnalystApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-89053
Oracle Database Analyst
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As a result of continued growth Assurant has chosen the UK to host a follow the sun support team for our global infrastructure. The team will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers. The team will be an extension of the USA global support team but located in the UK.
We are recruiting for an Oracle Database Analyst to join the Global ICS team. Reporting to the Senior engineer you will manage the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. You will provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation, and monitoring.
Other responsibilities include;
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments, and to conduct/lead research on latest technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate advanced application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in developing strategy, planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing several small to medium-scale projects and tasks of several complexities across the enterprise.
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Oracle database footprint.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction.
- Provide high-level support Oracle databases, ensuring proper change management procedures and methodologies are followed.
You will have the following skills;
- 3 or more years of experience installing and supporting Oracle databases (versions 11g, 12c, 19c)
- 1or more years of experience managing IaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure
- An understanding of Oracle database internals (locking, partitioning, security, Data Guard, cloning)
- Ability in PL-SQL or related declarative language
- Experience with dependent or related technologies to Oracle databases (OS, server, storage, and network)
- Required technology exposure;
- Oracle 11g
- Oracle 12c
- Oracle 19c
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.