QA AnalystApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-88942
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our QA team. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager you will work within a dedicated Scrum team to assist in; the review and estimation of Features, the development of Test suites, the execution of designed Test Cases, and the associated defect management and risk analysis of test results. You will also evaluate test results to determine compliance with our QA best practice and established processes. You will work with business development, system developers, end-users, and all other groups involved in project development, testing, or test planning
Other responsibilities include;
- Lead testing activities within assigned the team
- Develop manual test cases based on requirements/user stories
- Implement automated test cases
- Document, track, and retest issues found during testing
- Communicate test activities and results
- Thoughtful understanding data/business flow through the organisation
- Interpret user requirements/user stories and extend them into test cases
- Communicate technical concepts in everyday language
- Analyse requirements/user stories for testability and completeness
- Understand the needs of the user community
You will have the following skills;
- ISEB certification to Foundation level as minimum
- 5 years experience within a Software testing role
- 1 years' experience working within a Telecommunications or Insurance business sector
- 1 years' experience testing within an Agile team
- Experience of testing within change/project areas that use remote delivery and matrix management of teams and delivering into client in a Global delivery model.
- A proven track history of using SOAP UI and Postman within API testing.
- Strong experience of using SQL Management Studio is essential, with examples of querying complex databases, as well as manipulating data for test purposes
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.