Senior Network EngineerApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-89044
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As a result of continued growth Assurant has chosen the UK to host a follow the sun support team for our global infrastructure. The team will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers. The team will be an extension of the USA global support team but located in the UK.
We are recruiting for a Senior Network Engineer to join the Global ICS team. Reporting to the Global Director of Infrastructure products you will work within a shift pattern to align with our global offices, out of hours. You will support, design, install/configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing the work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies and provide engineering design and support for infrastructure located in cloud and in datacentres globally.
Other responsibilities include;
- Lead implementation, operational and test functions for complex enterprise infrastructure hardware/software to support network, telecommunications, security (network related) and infrastructure appliance technologies (i.e. SDWAN, F5, Palo Alto, SSL VPN).
- Provide Tier III and IV technical support. Includes On-Call and Off Hours support and interaction with key vendors and suppliers
- Oversee work direction of other voice and data services staff
- Administer maintenance and telecommunications agreements
- Maintain relationships with vendors and third-party suppliers
You will have the following skills;
- Packet Analysis, ability to dissect conversations at OSI Layers 2,3 and 4
- Cisco Wireless LAN equipment and technologies including controllers and access points.
- F5 LTM / GTM
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches (Nexus and Catalyst), DNS (Infoblox), and DHCP (Infoblox).
- Local Area Networking equipment, cabling, and protocols including routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP
- Wide Area Networking equipment, mediums, and protocols including edge routers, firewalls, MPLS, and Ethernet.
- Required technology exposure;
- Cisco wireless LAN
- F5 - Big-IP
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.