Senior Web Hosting EngineerApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-89050
Remote Working Opportunities Available
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As a result of continued growth Assurant has chosen the UK to host a follow the sun support team for our global infrastructure. The team will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers. The team will be an extension of the USA global support team but located in the UK
We are recruiting for a Senior Webhosting Engineer to join the Global ICS team. Reporting to the Global Director of Infrastructure and Products you will design, install/configure, operate and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. This may include directing work of less senior engineers. You will help establish strategy and adoption of new technologies in a single domain. Provide engineering design and support for multi-tenant platforms in a single domain including hardware, software, automation and monitoring.
Other responsibilities include;
- Ensure the global stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems and infrastructure that support departments. To monitor systems and ensure availability that corresponds to published Service level agreements. Review technology solutions for alternatives where applicable and where the engineer may see opportunities
- Working knowledge of job role demonstrating application of technical skills and interpersonal competencies
- Provide direct global technical leadership and support for all requirements in planning, coordination, scripting, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to our distributed computing environment. This includes managing projects and tasks of all sizes and complexities across the enterprise. This includes demonstrating ownership to both management and technical contacts
- Provide direct technical support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, scripting and implementation of upgrades or changes to our Web Hosting environments.
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, tuning, and prediction..
You will have the following skills;
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience installing and supporting Microsoft IIS Webservers.
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in troubleshooting Web Environments. This includes hands experience and complete understanding of the use of tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, Dynatrace etc.
- 3 or more years of hands-on experience managing IaaS and PaaS in Microsoft Azure
- Solid working knowledge of load balances such as Avi, F5 LTM, Netscaler. Must understand the concepts of load balancing regardless of platform.
- Experience with PowerShell and / or Python
- In-depth knowledge of server technologies employed
- You will have the following technical exposure;
- Microsoft IIS 6.0 - 10
- Apache 2.2 – 2.4
- IBM Websphere 8.5 - 9.0
- F5 LTM
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.