Technical Accounting ManagerApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-86254
Technical Accounting Manager (12 month fixed term)
European Head Office, Crewe
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big finance opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. As part of our finance transformation, following the merger of Assurant and The Warranty Group in May 2018, we need a range of entrepreneurial finance professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. The investment we are making in automating our processes, including the use of AI now needs to be complimented by our investment in finance people with a questioning mind-set and a restless curiosity. Based in our European HQ in Crewe, every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
This job is responsible for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of underwriting data in the company’s general ledger and associated systems across the Connected Living lines of business
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Responsible for the day-to-day running and co-ordination of a Control team of 3 people
- Oversee the period end process for the preparation of underwriting results
- Ensure period end provisions for outstanding claims and IBNR have been correctly made, liaising with actuarial and underwriting teams as required
- Responsible for the quality of underwriting data in the general ledger and associated systems
- Maintain and develop the internal control structure around the underwriting result process, including the completeness and accuracy of the recording of underwriting transactions in the production systems
- Represent Finance to the wider business in matters of data quality, core systems development and new business take on
- Ensure interbranch accounts are balanced and settled on a timely basis
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Experience of managing a finance team within a mid to large sized organisation
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with 5 years PQE and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big finance opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.