Vendor Risk ManagerApply Location Crewe Requisition Number R-87715
Vendor Risk Manager
We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
To implement and maintain a program to effectively manage Third Party Risk in line with client and regulatory expectations.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Create and maintain procurement processes and procedures to guide our users. Simplify and standardise the current different practices across AIZ, TWG and Supply Chain.
- Partner with our Enterprise Vendor Risk Management team to leverage global best practices and implement common processes and tools as far as possible
- Drive implementation of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) disciplines in line with the outsourcing policy defined with our NV team, ensure all processes documented and communicated to maintain compliance with regulatory standards
- Maintain and communicate a Vendor Management matrix to guide our users on how to manage suppliers through a contract life-cycle. Ensure all supplier performance management is recorded by our teams and is completed in line with policy and guidelines.
- Support our Governance team to maintain an outsourcing risk register. Ensure an accurate list of suppliers including comprehensive due-diligence actions, contract status and service performance.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Extensive experience of working with 3rd party suppliers either in vendor management, operations or procurement
- Familiarity with Data Privacy, Business Continuity, Information and Cyber Risk, Technology Resilience and Vendor Risk Management
- Experience of working in either Vendor Management, Operational Risk, Internal Audit or Procurement.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of operational risk management procedures and controls
- Strong relationship management skills and proven executive leadership presentation skills
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.