Director, Human Resources (HR Business Partner)Apply Requisition Number 53132
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Director, Human Resources (HR Business Partner)!
The HRBP acts as a strategic partner to business and enterprise leaders by helping to align people strategy with the strategy of the internal client group in support of business objectives. Through guidance and support to leaders and employees the HRBP adds value by helping the client group to achieve peak productivity.
The HRBP contributes to the business strategy by helping business leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, structures, processes, and behaviors.
By working on partnership with HR Operations, the Employee Relations Center, and the Centers of Excellence, the HRBP develops integrated approaches to further the business objectives of the client group as well as solutions to human resources related challenges.
The HRBP must have a working knowledge of all the following disciplines to be able to effectively broker talent and identify root causes of problems and to enable outperformance.
- Talent Development
- Succession Planning
- Employee Engagement
- Organizational Change
- Organizational Design
- Talent Acquisition
- Learning and Performance
Examples of the use of knowledge in the disciplines above would include:
- Assist in forecasting and planning talent pipeline requirements to support business strategy.
- Understand key business performance targets and their related talent implications.
- Assist business leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
- Anticipate needs and concerns of employees and leaders, soliciting opinions when appropriate.
- Identify and drive sharing of best practices across functional and business lines.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and trends.
- Contribute to HR and cross functional initiatives
- Create, in collaboration with COEs, new organization designs, new compensation plans or packages, talent recruitment initiatives, behavioral change via new learning initiatives, improved bench strength and individual development plans for key positions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6-9 years of HR experience, 2-3 of which should include creation of people strategy and implementation for departments or functional areas (e.g. Claims; the Tax department; the Compliance department).
- Demonstration of strong collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate up, down, and across to a variety of constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
- Financial Acumen/Understanding of annual and long term budgeting cycles
- Knowledge and experience in workforce planning, organization design, change management, performance management, project management, problem solving, coaching, employee engagement, diversity, compensation
- Experience with matrix management
- Typical clients will include Directors and Vice Presidents with P&L responsibility
- Preferred PHR/ SPHR or equivalent designation to demonstrate continuous learning and contemporary knowledge of HR law/compliance, policy, and process.
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.