Lead Mailroom TeamApply Location Florence, South Carolina Requisition Number R-87709
Assurant is seeking a Mail Room Team Lead for the Florence, SC facility
The Mail Room Team Lead will be asked to coordinate and monitor the daily workflow for all assigned areas of the mail room and team members along with numerous additional responsibilities.
- Track compliance/SLA’s.
- Assigned reports completed timely and accurately.
- Lead and motivate the team.
- Departmental subject matter expert.
- Train, develop, and mentor mailroom team members.
- Research and provide feedback on the root cause of process and quality issues.
- Analyzes problems, make recommendations, and make decisions impacting the team.
- Applies expert problem solving skills on complex issues for researching and resolving problems.
- Solicits guidance from Unit Manager on the best course of action for issues identified in the workgroup
- Ensures that controls exist to monitor existing performance for all department assignments and managing financial risk to the clients and Assurant by effectively managing controls to prevent risks.
- Ensures appropriate/available tools, supplies and facilities exist for all associates in the department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities
- Consistently enforces all corporate/operational/departmental policies and values
- Provide coaching and direction to all associates within the department that promote continuous improvement in performance.
- Enforce all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks.
- Investigate and appropriately resolve all complaints associated with the performance of individual(s), department, and/or operational tasks. Identify root cause, implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) attendance, work hours, productivity, and support staffing models.
- Able to negotiate through differences in a productive manner that resolve issues impacting areas in and outside of the assigned department/workgroup.
- Appropriately resolve personnel issues and supporting HR policies.
- Leverage high performing associates to support critical roles within the workgroup.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in the department.
- Provide appropriate incentives and rewards that promote excellence and achievement.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self-development/learning.
- Able to maintain service levels for specific functions within the span of control.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Ensure that operational controls exist to monitor changes in processes designed to address issues and highlight progress.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve. department/operational objectives that are within workgroups.
- Solicits and/or aids workgroups outside of the span of control without jeopardizing service levels to the assigned department.
- Coordinate the daily workflow.
- Training/mentoring/motivating team.
- Assigned reports prepared and completed timely and accurately.
- Ability to understand complex insurance forms and various mailings to allow for accurate mail handling.
- Assist and support Unit Manager.
- Assign work to all associates completely, accurately, and timely.
- Complete SLA reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures appropriate/available tools, supplies, and facilities exist for all associates in the department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to pass Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) background check.
- Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills and has the ability to interact effectively with others on more complex issues
- Intermediate computer skills (Ability to create and edit spreadsheets/documents)
- Ability to coach, mentor and motivate others
- Multi-task and perform multiple goals/objectives.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make good decisions
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Expert problem solving skills
- Ability to be flexible with assignment changes
- Ability to learn multiple policies and procedures
- Ability to assist/explain changes in policies and procedures to other associates
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- 3 years of insurance, mailroom or related experience
- 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience
- 2 year degree
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.