Mail Services Unit ManagerApply Location Florence, South Carolina Requisition Number R-89706
Assurant is seeking a Mailroom Unit Manger for the Florence, SC facility
Our Unit Managers plans, organizes, leads, controls and coordinates the day-to-day activities of non-exempt associates involved in providing various mail processing and handling activities within the Mail Services department.
Mail Services: This Unit is responsible for opening, sorting/prepping, scanning for all Client’s incoming mail. The Unit Manager will be asked to distribute mail deliveries to various internal units and prepare and sends all outbound mail.
- Participates in the development of short/long term goals and plans for work group
- Solicits guidance from Operations Manager on best course of action for issues identified in work group
- Ensures that controls exist to monitor existing performance for all department assignments and managing financial risk to the clients and Assurant by effectively managing controls to prevent risks.
- Communicates appropriately departmental performance
- Insures appropriate/available tools, supplies and facilities exist for all associates in department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities
- Consistently enforces all corporate/operational/departmental policies and values
- Provide coaching and direction to all associates within department that promote continued improvement in performance.
- Enforce all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks.
- Investigate and appropriately resolve all complaints associated with performance of individual(s), department and/or operational tasks. Identify root cause, implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) attendance, work hours, productivity and support staffing models.
- Able to negotiate through differences in a productive manner that resolve issues impacting areas in and outside of assigned department/work group.
- Resolve personnel issues in an appropriate manner and supporting HR policies.
- Recruit best possible candidates with skills and experience needed to support departmental functions.
- Leverage high performing associates to support critical roles within work group.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in department.
- Provide appropriate incentives and rewards that promote excellence and achievement.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self-development/learning.
- Participate in client meetings/updates and provide all necessary information within the timeline agreed upon.
- Able to maintain service levels for specific functions within span of control.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Ensures that controls exist to monitor changes in processes designed to address issues and highlight progress.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve. department/operational objectives that are within work groups.
- Solicits and/or offers assistance to work groups outside of span of control without jeopardizing service levels to assigned department.
- Monday - Friday - 1st Shift - 8am - 5pm
- Position may require a lot of standing or sitting and some light to heavy lifting.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and analytical skills.
- An understanding of human resource policies and procedures.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills promoting team participation with assigned staff.
- Motivational methods to improve and develop assigned staff.
- Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams.
- Multi-task and perform to multiple goals/objectives.
- Basic workflow management tools.
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in mortgage servicing, mail processing, document handling
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.