Processing Unit ManagerApply Location Florence, South Carolina Requisition Number 56298
Do you enjoy motivating, developing, and leading others? Do you want a position where you can make a difference every day in the lives of our clients and have the opportunity to learn and grow in your career? Do you like variety and have the ability to multi-task and manage change?
Our Processing Unit Manager position is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and coordinating the day-to-day activities of a team of associates involved in providing services in the area of Hazard Outsourcing.
- Processing unit is responsible for updating documents and processing evidence of insurance.
Successful candidates for the Unit Manager Level II position will have demonstrated management competence and have an understanding of the mortgage banking and insurance industry processes. The Unit Manager II will manage a multi-function team servicing specialty clients with complex processing needs. In addition, the Unit Manager Level II will also provide backup and support to operations management as needed.
We offer an opportunity for you to grow your career and learn the mortgage banking and insurance industries.
Note: Must be available to work a flexible schedule which may include evening and some Saturday hours.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of non-exempt associates supporting one or multiple clients. Communicate expectations and manage for individual and team performance results.
- Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Coordinate workflow and ensure client standards are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Train and develop employees, communicate performance expectations, and manage for results.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Monitor employee and team performance and maintain required service levels in order to meet client requirements.
- Participate in client meetings and/or regulatory audits. Obtain feedback on the performance of the work group and make appropriate adjustments to ensure client requirements are met.
- Monitor ongoing quality standards for employees/team and promote culture of continuous improvement.
- Investigate and appropriately address client inquiries, complaints and/or opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards and implement any necessary procedural changes.
- Maintain the accuracy of client performance reports.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and supervisors to effectively manage staffing levels, employee morale, and process improvement initiatives.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase operational skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Effectively collaborates with management/leadership regarding process, staff, client needs and service levels. May also back up operations manager as needed.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in mortgage servicing, banking, insurance, contact center management, business process outsourcing, or related industries
- Working knowledge of mortgage servicing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, influence others, and negotiate a win-win
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and results-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Ability to innovate and improve processes as needed
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.