IT ManagerApply Location Frenchs Forest, New South Wales Requisition Number R-89213
The IT Manager is responsible for strategy planning, implementation and performance of the IT function to enable the business to meet current and long-term priorities.
They determine, project manage and deliver IT infrastructure, systems, application and other technology-based solutions that improve and evolve capabilities and support delivery of day-to-day business operations.
Additionally, the IT Manager will develop and coach the IT team, managing their daily commitments and maximising contribution towards achieving business objectives and maintaining operational uptime SLAs
Primary Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Align the businesses with Assurant standardised systems that deliver performance and efficiency gains
- Work with the Global IT team to evaluate current and future systems platform proposals, and keep the local leadership team updated on impacts and changes
- Project manage the design, development and deployment of scalable solutions to achieve business priorities and requirements by managing both the internal IT team and external suppliers
- Lead, coach and develop the IT team, focusing on current applications & infrastructure needs, and considering future technologies required, enabling team growth, career progression and support of the Assurant culture.
- Complete and document probationary reviews, development plans, and conduct regular 1:1s to ensure development needs and coaching plans are implemented
- Develop and manage the IT budget through commercial assessment and considerations, and strong cost controls
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery infrastructure and processes are in place to enable business operations to continue in the event of a disruption. Complete DR rehearsals in accordance to the corporate framework.
- Oversee and determine the timeframes, resources and cost requirements for IT projects including system upgrades, migrations, and integration activity
- Contribute to the business strategy planning activities and development , communicating IT and technology requirements in simple, non-technical language
- Coordinate incident resolution by working with clients and offshore teams on incident detection to triage, analysis and resolution
- Ensure access to systems, hardware & software are operating in a stable manner. Ensure faults at system and user levels are rectified and reoccurring failures are investigated with solutions implemented to achieve SLAs and KPIs.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to identify and deliver technical solutions that enable greater automation and customer self-service that delivers improved productivity.
- Ensure all data is managed in accordance with regulatory requirements, guidelines and privacy policies and practices
- Anticipate future IT and business requirements, and proposes solutions to capture and maximise the opportunity
- Ensure standards, processes and procedures are reviewed and improved. Provide guidance to the IT team on managing and updating documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences Required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years in the Information Technology industry with a minimum of 5 years of management experience in a similar role with the required level of responsibility and accountability
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience in systems and solutions development
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience in IT Infrastructure and cloud services design and/or support
- Broad knowledge and experience in the use of expertise in distributed technologies, including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET, .NET Framework 3.5 and higher, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT), IIS 8.0 and higher
- Knowledge and expertise with integration and reporting solutions such as SSIS and SSRS
- Expertise and experience with database technologies including Oracle 12c, SQL Server 2016/2017, PL/SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of client/server and n-tier development principles including Unified Modeling Language (UML) and other tools supporting Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Knowledge of development concepts for Windows and web services
- Established programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the distributed environments and relational database technologies
- Experience with management of Windows server operating systems (Example: services, registry, Active Directory and general server administration)
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripts
- Sound understanding of Cloud-based technologies and solutions on Azure and/or AWS
- Experienced in managing IT projects & re-engineering activity to transform IT function during and post business integrations & transformations, with a strong understand of API technologies, foundations and best practices
- Demonstrated ability in establishing IT strategy while delivering on operational requirements
- Exceptional communication skills to translate technical requirements to common language, providing regular updates on project status to business stakeholders and influencers
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills to influence outcomes and build trusting, constructive relationships
- Ability to multi-task and perform under time constraints in a fast paced, changing environment
- Commercially literate and growth -oriented decision making
- Strong analytical, problem solving and root cause analysis mindset
- Strong project and change management abilities
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.