Associate Customer Care Assoc Preneed
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Associate Customer Care Assoc PreneedApply Requisition Number R-88378
The Customer Care Associate is a key position within our growing Rapid City office. As a Customer Care Associate, you will be the voice of Assurant. But, more than that, you’ll also be a voice of compassion and care.
- Manage inbound and outbound phone calls with our customers, agents, and funeral homes. (70-80 per day)
- Process documentation and files
- Review, research, and analyze policy paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing
- Communicate with team members, customers, and funeral homes regarding policy updates
- Research and process policy maintenance situations and returned mail
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
- If you live in the Rapid City area, once the office re-opens, you will be asked to join us at the office.
What You Will Like
- The variety of work - every day and every situation is unique
- Being a part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Relentless drive to provide exception customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
What You Should Know About Us
- Our uncompromising values- Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking, and Uncommon Results guide the way we support our customers and work with one another
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We have over 125 years of experience innovating and adapting to the changing needs of our customers
- This position is remote/virtual at this time. If you live in the Rapid City area and are offered this position, when the office reopens, you will need to join the team in the office.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.